John Carver

Guest neesy111

Just watched the Ashley interview for the first time. He says that the decision on who the new manager is lies firmly with Charnley and the football panel.

Given how much of a t*** he's made himself look this season by sticking Carver in charge, you'd think Charnley would be keen to regain some credibility asap.

Depends what budget is set.  If his budget for a new manager is tiny then expect Carver to be given it.

Just watched the Ashley interview for the first time. He says that the decision on who the new manager is lies firmly with Charnley and the football panel.

Given how much of a t*** he's made himself look this season by sticking Carver in charge, you'd think Charnley would be keen to regain some credibility asap.

Depends what budget is set.  If his budget for a new manager is tiny then expect Carver to be given it.

I imagine Ashley might have read the riot act after this shambles though eg. put us that position again and you're out.

Regardless of how small the budget is there are plenty of options better than Carver.  Bear in mind Carr is part of that panel and he'll be able to put some names forward.

I watch the matches on the official PL streaming service, and they include pre and post match interviews, and obviously no ad breaks. Carver did his first interview after the match (MoTD iirc) where he got emotional talking about the fans that had passed away saying they were looking down on us today etc... He nearly teared up and went red faced when he brought it up toward the end of the interview. At the end, the interviewer thanked him, and he (Carver) turned and shouted: "how was that Wendy?", and Wendy answers: "perfect John. very emotional".

He did several interviews after that, after every single one, turned and asked Wendy how he had done. Seems he's being "worked on" to improve his interview skills by the club. Hopefully it was just for this interim period and nothing further.

It doesn't really mean anything, the club are obviously painfully aware that he is a complete embarrassment in front of the camera so no surprise they are trying to limit the damage by giving him some coaching for interviews. He should be gone by the end of the week but with us you just know they will drag it out all summer.

I watch the matches on the official PL streaming service, and they include pre and post match interviews, and obviously no ad breaks. Carver did his first interview after the match (MoTD iirc) where he got emotional talking about the fans that had passed away saying they were looking down on us today etc... He nearly teared up and went red faced when he brought it up toward the end of the interview. At the end, the interviewer thanked him, and he (Carver) turned and shouted: "how was that Wendy?", and Wendy answers: "perfect John. very emotional".

He did several interviews after that, after every single one, turned and asked Wendy how he had done. Seems he's being "worked on" to improve his interview skills by the club. Hopefully it was just for this interim period and nothing further.

It doesn't really mean anything, the club are obviously painfully aware that he is a complete embarrassment in front of the camera so no surprise they are trying to limit the damage by giving him some coaching for interviews. He should be gone by the end of the week but with us you just know they will drag it out all summer.

Yup. Hoping that's all there is to it.

Gets the job tomorrow according to my source.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Would make sense. Appoint him early and then make some signings so things can blow over

Would be a clear sign if true that the owners words before the game were just that, words. Either that are Charnley and Ashley are that stupid to think they will go anywhere with this total tool in charge.

Would make sense. Appoint him early and then make some signings so things can blow over

it makes no sense whatsoever. I doubt it's true.

Can't believe Carver will get the job. Just impossible.

I don't care what anyone says on here, I'm not believing it unless it's officially confirmed. It's most likely horseshit.

I think we're in a Mexican standoff with Derby. We want McClaren, they don't. They know if they sack him, they have to pay him compensation. We know that unless we wait for them to sack him, we'll have to pay them.

Sadly it might be a while before either side blinks and it'd not surprise me if as soon as we either confirm Carver or appoint someone different, Derby almost immediately sack McClaren.

Ashley dropped a hint it would be carver yesterday when saying he doesn't pick the manager. He was basically shifting blame for the inevitable backlash that is coming.

Any way we won't be in the relegation battle with Carver next year, there won't be a battle we will be cut adrift by November.