John Carver

Guest neesy111

Guest chopey

It's like someone on here said on here the other week, the premier league fixtures committee need investigating its totally unfair that we have play 6 fa cup finals and 2 world cup finals at the end of the season when the rest of the premiership only has league fixtures

Watch wrestling???

Which other manager on the eve of as big a game as this would tell his players to go watch smackdown...it's fucking comical

If you smelllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaa....what the carver is cooking

Watch wrestling???

Which other manager on the eve of as big a game as this would tell his players to go watch smackdown...it's f***ing comical

Everybody with an ounce of footballing knowledge knows it's about winning the fight on the pitch. Wrestling is perfect practice, please cast your eyes back to the derby.

What did we do to deserve him :anguish:

I think he's my most hated person in football right now.

He's a massive bellsniff, but I can't be bothered wasting energy hating him. If he didn't get the job, it would just be some other clueless, unqualified jobber.

Guest chopey

If by some hull miracle we stay up can you imagine how smug carver will be ? And how many times he will say "i told you so " in the interview afterwards. It's almost worth going down to avoid that

If by some hull miracle we stay up can you imagine how smug carver will be ? And how many times he will say "i told you so " in the interview afterwards. It's almost worth going down to avoid that

Gotta hope both us and Hull lose then, or hull only draw.... then with just 1 point from last 11 matches, his 'credibility' or whatever is left of it, will be totally shot.

Gotta hope both us and Hull lose then, or hull only draw.... then with just 1 point from last 11 matches, his 'credibility' or whatever is left of it, will be totally shot.

He still has credibility with some people?

Watch wrestling???

Which other manager on the eve of as big a game as this would tell his players to go watch smackdown...it's f***ing comical

Fuck that, NXT is where it's at.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/22/john-carver-newcastle-united-relegation-alan-shearer

John Carver will never forget the look on Alan Shearer’s face immediately after Newcastle United were relegated at Aston Villa six years ago and is fervently hoping he does not experience similar torture on Sunday.

“I’d come back from Canada and I was watching on television in a pub,” said the Tynesider, who had then just resigned from his post as the head coach of Toronto in the MLS but now occupies Shearer’s old shoes. “It was a difficult time for me and on that day I genuinely didn’t speak for an hour afterwards.

“I remember seeing the pictures of Alan on the pitch afterwards and I thought: ‘I hope that never, ever, happens to me.’ As it happens, I saw Alan only the other day and we talked about his feelings at the time and I told him what I felt. I just said: ‘I hope I don’t have to experience that.’ Hopefully I won’t.”

Four players from 2009 – Fabricio Coloccini, Jonás Gutiérrez, Ryan Taylor and Tim Krul – will be involved against West Ham at St James’ Park in a game which, depending on Hull’s result, Newcastle may need to win. A fifth survivor from that descent into the Championship, the injured Steven Taylor, will watch anxiously from the sidelines.

“I don’t think I’ll be asking the likes of Colo and Jonás to talk about the day at Aston Villa to the other players specifically,” Carver said. “But they – and Ryan and Tim – know what it feels like. It wasn’t nice.”

After presiding over the collection of one point from the past 10 games, Newcastle’s head coach is willing to press almost any button in the hope of provoking a response from his squad.

“I considered showing them something to reinforce what it’s like to be in the Premier League compared to the next division down,” said the 50-year-old Carver, who must decide whether Papiss Cissé is fit enough to start in attack after knee surgery and whether he trusts Mike Williamson sufficiently to recall the centre-half following suspension.

Advertisement

“I thought of compiling a film of what it’s like to go to Old Trafford, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge compared to what it’s like to go to the lesser clubs with a smaller changing room and all of that. I also thought about showing them the fans after the Aston Villa game six years ago.

“But I decided against it because I think if you can’t motivate yourself for a game as big as this, when you’ve got so much to play for then no matter what I show you it’s not going to make any difference.”

As Newcastle fan groups prepare to stage a sit-in protest after the final whistle in an attempt to persuade Mike Ashley, the club’s unloved owner, to sell up, Carver’s thoughts will turn to his own future.

With suggestions Steve McClaren could be leaving Derby County and heading to Tyneside nothing is certain but the biggest probability is Carver will shortly revert to his former assistant’s role.

He hopes everything will be resolved by Wednesday when he goes on holiday. Depending on Sunday’s result his passage through Newcastle airport is likely to involve either running a gauntlet of harsh stares and cutting comments or being greeted by supporters as the club’s saviour.

“I hope I’m smiling,” says a manager recently subjected to so much abuse in his home city that his local golf club has become “a place of sanctuary”.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/22/john-carver-newcastle-united-relegation-alan-shearer

He hopes everything will be resolved by Wednesday when he goes on holiday. Depending on Sunday’s result his passage through Newcastle airport is likely to involve either running a gauntlet of harsh stares and cutting comments or being greeted by supporters as the club’s saviour.

What the ever loving fuck is this shit?  If I chuck someone into a combined harvester but pull them out when they're just a bit maimed, maybe an arm or two lopped off i'm not their 'saviour' :lol:

"In the last ten games we have had some big performances from big players, but we have been inconsistent that's for sure".

What big performances from which big players John?

And I also disagree that we've been inconstent. 9 defeats and a draw from 10 games is very consistent.

"In the last ten games we have had some big performances from big players, but we have been inconsistent that's for sure".

And I also disagree that we've been inconstent. 9 defeats and a draw from 10 games is very consistent.

Wow - must think we all have Alzheimer's.

Exactly. I'm not sure we've ever been more consistent?

John Carver will never forget the look on Alan Shearer’s face immediately after Newcastle United were relegated at Aston Villa six years ago and is fervently hoping he does not experience similar torture on Sunday.

“I’d come back from Canada and I was watching on television in a pub,” said the Tynesider, who had then just resigned from his post as the head coach of Toronto in the MLS but now occupies Shearer’s old shoes. “It was a difficult time for me and on that day I genuinely didn’t speak for an hour afterwards.

“I remember seeing the pictures of Alan on the pitch afterwards and I thought: ‘I hope that never, ever, happens to me.’ As it happens, I saw Alan only the other day and we talked about his feelings at the time and I told him what I felt. I just said: ‘I hope I don’t have to experience that.’ Hopefully I won’t.”

Four players from 2009 – Fabricio Coloccini, Jonás Gutiérrez, Ryan Taylor and Tim Krul – will be involved against West Ham at St James’ Park in a game which, depending on Hull’s result, Newcastle may need to win. A fifth survivor from that descent into the Championship, the injured Steven Taylor, will watch anxiously from the sidelines.

“I don’t think I’ll be asking the likes of Colo and Jonás to talk about the day at Aston Villa to the other players specifically,” Carver said. “But they – and Ryan and Tim – know what it feels like. It wasn’t nice.”

After presiding over the collection of one point from the past 10 games, Newcastle’s head coach is willing to press almost any button in the hope of provoking a response from his squad.

“I considered showing them something to reinforce what it’s like to be in the Premier League compared to the next division down,” said the 50-year-old Carver, who must decide whether Papiss Cissé is fit enough to start in attack after knee surgery and whether he trusts Mike Williamson sufficiently to recall the centre-half following suspension.

Advertisement

“I thought of compiling a film of what it’s like to go to Old Trafford, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge compared to what it’s like to go to the lesser clubs with a smaller changing room and all of that. I also thought about showing them the fans after the Aston Villa game six years ago.

“But I decided against it because I think if you can’t motivate yourself for a game as big as this, when you’ve got so much to play for then no matter what I show you it’s not going to make any difference.”

As Newcastle fan groups prepare to stage a sit-in protest after the final whistle in an attempt to persuade Mike Ashley, the club’s unloved owner, to sell up, Carver’s thoughts will turn to his own future.

With suggestions Steve McClaren could be leaving Derby County and heading to Tyneside nothing is certain but the biggest probability is Carver will shortly revert to his former assistant’s role.

“I hope I’m smiling,” says a manager recently subjected to so much abuse in his home city that his local golf club has become “a place of sanctuary”.

What is he talking about, man? :lol:

I thought about doing some stuff n all John but I'm a lazy cunt too.

:lol: A long shopping list of things he considered doing but then went with the tried and tested "fuck all" option.