John Carver

Guest neesy111

If a few weeks ago they wanted to hire McClaren I don't see why that wouldn't still be the case, especially that now he's available for free. Under the condition that top man JC stays as assistant of course.

Well if he does get the job, I guess there will be a rush to the exit door by all the players.

And despite Ashley distancing himself from the decision, it would tell me that the club have no serious interest in improving and immediately discredits his interview yesterday.

If a few weeks ago they wanted to hire McClaren I don't see why that wouldn't still be the case, especially that now he's available for free. Under the condition that top man JC stays as assistant of course.

because he turned them down and that annoyed them? Also from Derbys pov why sack him if nufc were still interested

If the decision was up to thumb head, I'd be concerned. But there's apparently a 'board' of sorts deciding so who knows.

They hedged their bets on Carver because they didn't have a plan A, let alone B, when Pardew went. There's no way Carver has suddenly proved he can do the job.

Moreover, given the Ashley propaganda yesterday, which I think was almost exclusively a ploy to sell more season tickets, I just couldn't think of a worse way to cause more people to cancel than appointing 'JC' full time. Enough on here, myself included, will fuck this shower off next season if we're dealt another massive insult.

If the decision was up to thumb head, I'd be concerned. But there's apparently a 'board' of sorts deciding so who knows.

They hedged their bets on Carver because they didn't have a plan A, let alone B, when Pardew went. There's no way Carver has suddenly proved he can do the job.

Moreover, given the Ashley propaganda yesterday, which I think was almost exclusively a ploy to sell more season tickets, I just couldn't think of a worse way to cause more people to cancel than appointing 'JC' full time. Enough on here, myself included, will f*** this shower off next season if we're dealt another massive insult.

Was trying to find out who the club 'board' is supposed to be, and last I can find mentioned is the 2013 accounts, stating the board was Llambias, Charnley and John Irving.

So of those, only Charnley remains now. But if the 'Football Board' is different from the general 'Board', I'd guess it is at least Charnley and Graham Carr.

If that is the case, hopefully Carr has enough of a voice to encourage a decent appointment.

I said to Charnley, when McClaren takes over, you will have a mutiny on your hands. They will go berserk, definitely. Newcastle will come to me and say, "Ooh, John , you were right all along, you were the right man for this job. Will you come back?" And I'll be like, yeah, sure, how much money have you got? Because this is going to cost you. This is going to cost you.

Moreover, given the Ashley propaganda yesterday, which I think was almost exclusively a ploy to sell more season tickets, I just couldn't think of a worse way to cause more people to cancel than appointing 'JC' full time. Enough on here, myself included, will f*** this shower off next season if we're dealt another massive insult.

Was trying to find out who the club 'board' is supposed to be, and last I can find mentioned is the 2013 accounts, stating the board was Llambias, Charnley and John Irving.

So of those, only Charnley remains now. But if the 'Football Board' is different from the general 'Board', I'd guess it is at least Charnley and Graham Carr.

If that is the case, hopefully Carr has enough of a voice to encourage a decent appointment.

fucking sure I read McLaren is Carr's guy like

EDIT: probably one of these

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3019736/Newcastle-United-ready-pay-2million-compensation-bring-Derby-boss-Steve-McClaren-St-James-Park.html

Guest ElCid

Sorry still think it's a load of shite there is no way possible he would even contemplate that idiot as the fall out would be so massive it would be unreal. The rabbit has popped out of his hole do you really think he is going to get shot in the first bullet aimed at him - no fucking chance he is a cunt but he is not stupid.

UncleBingo's mate could well be Danger Mouse off Skunkers who does indeed get the team correct the day before. He is saying the same thing. DM clearly has reliable insider information - hope his source this time is taking the p*ss.

Yes, it is.