John Carver

Guest neesy111

The vibes coming down from the Chronicle are bad. I remember them basically saying there was no chance of him getting the job permanently when they confirmed he was caretaker for the rest of the season. Now more and more of there articles hint he's got a very good chance of getting the permanent gig. This one kind of makes it out that it's his to lose :( http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-10m-better-after-8567187

We need a change, I don't care even if we get into the top 6 under him this season, we need that change as a club, even if we have success this season it would just mirror the Roeder situation, where the guy did well short term but should never have been given the job after the season was over.

The vibes coming down from the Chronicle are bad. I remember them basically saying there was no chance of him getting the job permanently when they confirmed he was caretaker for the rest of the season. Now more and more of there articles hint he's got a very good chance of getting the permanent gig. This one kind of makes it out that it's his to lose :( http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-10m-better-after-8567187

We need a change, I don't care even if we get into the top 6 under him this season, we need that change as a club, even if we have success this season it would just mirror the Roeder situation, where the guy did well short term but should never have been given the job after the season was over.

The job is his. Stop kidding yourself.

Tin hat here...

I don't really dislike Carver. I just don't think he will prove good enough. I kinda feel for him in a sense that this is probably the closest he will ever be to his footballing dream and his one chance is under these cunts. He should save himself the grief in the next 6-12months though and ensue he isn't hated by his own people. I would like to think he has sufficient 'friends' in the industry that point this out to him.

Unfortunately, as Roeder proved, it's not that difficult to be successful in the short term, in this type of situation. Our ownership are so football un-intelligent to understand that it's a completely different job when you are expected to plan for a full season, balance your squad, stop being the players friend and identify how and where you need to improve. These tasks are not required in the short stint that Carver has to "prove himself", unfortunately if he reaches the target they've set (top 10), no way in hell he won't get the job imo now. And there is a good chance he can get that, with so much crap at the bottom of the table this year.

Tin hat here...

I don't really dislike Carver. I just don't think he will prove good enough. I kinda feel for him in a sense that this is probably the closest he will ever be to his footballing dream and his one chance is under these cunts. He should save himself the grief in the next 6-12months though and ensue he isn't hated by his own people. I would like to think he has sufficient 'friends' in the industry that point this out to him.

I don't really feel for Carver but imagine somehow lucking into managing your hometown team and realising you're too shit to do it well :lol:

Tin hat here...

His one chance is because of these cunts; he's absolutely over the moon that Mike Ashley's incompetence and negligence has given him this opportunity.

Guest Rustin Cohle

Tin hat here...

I don't really dislike Carver. I just don't think he will prove good enough. I kinda feel for him in a sense that this is probably the closest he will ever be to his footballing dream and his one chance is under these c***s. He should save himself the grief in the next 6-12months though and ensue he isn't hated by his own people. I would like to think he has sufficient 'friends' in the industry that point this out to him.

His one chance is because of these c***s; he's absolutely over the moon that Mike Ashley's incompetence and negligence has given him this opportunity.

Exactly. Why should he walk away? He's got a job that we'd love to do. Chances are he'll turn out to be shit, but people are mental if he thinks he should walk away. Once in a lifetime opportunity.

That's not where I stand like, he absolutely should walk away. I understand it would be hard but he's grossly under-qualified.

I'd feel the same way if they randomly offered Sean the painter and decorator from Gosforth the gig, a chance of a lifetime opportunity for the bloke, he'd be mad to turn it down etc. I'm still going to think he's a selfish cunt when he doesn't.

If Carver walked out of Newcastle, he might well be headhunted by Blyth Spartans who might swoop in to snap up his services. We should tie him down quick before some top teams poach him off us.

Guest Rustin Cohle

And I would expect the millions of fellow Newcastle fans to think I was a complete arsehole when I did.

Who gives a shit? Once in a lifetime opportunity.

Can't blame him for wanting a crack at the job but I can and will blame the tawdry, smalltime wankers who own and run the club. Carver shouldn't have even been in the reckoning on any level at any time to do it full time. After Carver's antics at Southampton he should have been given his cards, you simply can't do that.