John Carver

Guest neesy111

There was one moment in the game when the camera panned to Carver who was having something explained to him by Steve Stone. Carver looked lost/ bemused/ scared/ completely and utterly out of his depth.

could be that Stone was just giving him an overview of what his plans are for the weekend and that terrified Carver. but still, to look that lost during a game when the team are being torn to shreds for large portions of it and not known what to do; Championship beckons again.

There was one moment in the game when the camera panned to Carver who was having something explained to him by Steve Stone. Carver looked lost/ bemused/ scared/ completely and utterly out of his depth.

could be that Stone was just giving him an overview of what his plans are for the weekend and that terrified Carver. but still, to look that lost during a game when the team are being torn to shreds for large portions of it and not known what to do; Championship beckons again.

:lol: :lol:

I've said it before as have many others, but the floated set penis is almost a wonder of the modern world. For a Premier League team to only have one idea of what to do at a set piece and to repeatedly do it over and over again, despite the fact that it has never worked or come close to working in near enough 4 years, is quite incredible. It's embarrassing for any professional team. Actually, it's embarrassing at Sunday league level. Come to think of it, when I played for a 5-a-side team a few years ago we actually had a few different things we would try if we had a freekick. The Spurs coaching team are probably analysing our games at the moment and pissing themselves laughing at our set pieces - 'so all we have to do is stick our centre half on Williamson and we're fine then yeah, because they'll just do the same thing over and over and over again?' 'Believe it or not, yes.' It's representative of the shocking coaching at our club being done by jobs for the boys dinosaurs who have absolutely no idea what they're doing and it's a complete piss-take.

If wikipedia doesn't lie (sometimes it does), Carver possesses the worst win % of all NUFC managers to be in charge for more than 10 games, since you started appointing one.

There's just no rationale to appoint him, even JFK was better.

Sadly, I don't think Ashley will browse through Wikipedia before making a choice.

Thinking long term for the club, would Carver being appointed full time not be the best. I mean in terms of fan pressure in forcing Ashley out. Carver in full time would only set to unite fans further and more long term as opposed to him giving someone like McClaren it and everyone just settles down and we pretty much repeat this scenario over and over.

Thinking long term for the club, would Carver being appointed full time not be the best. I mean in terms of fan pressure in forcing Ashley out. Carver in full time would only set to unite fans further and more long term as opposed to him giving someone like McClaren it and everyone just settles down and we pretty much repeat this scenario over and over.

Possibly, and on the flip side this is why it would be very prudent for Ashley to appoint a decent manager and buy a few players this summer.

Usual caveats about other forums, itks etc, but it looks like Armstrong isn't a fan of Carver:

"Just had a mate round to watch the match, he owns the best boys club in Newcastle, Adam Armstrong came from there, Armstrong was telling him that he will have to get away from Newcastle as charver doesn't fancy him, a lot of the first team are sick of charver always talking about the other teams strengths and talks about how to stop them, never about what Newcastle can do, clubs a fookin mess."

"My mate has coached armstrong since he was 8, he was there the other night and asked if he could take the u11's training for an hour, grounded lad, been away with england, scored a couple of goals, rooney gave him loads of advice, come back to the club buzzing until charver knocked it back out of him, it will be a shame if he has to leave the club"

http://thecumbrians.boards.net/thread/4568/newcastle-fans-deluded?page=2#ixzz3XHZAyTFA

God ... can we just get a manager in who has some enthusiasm and courage for goodness sake. So sick and tired of hearing about stopping the other team.

It's quite incredible, because you watch us and we look so pathetic defensively, every single time. Might as well just work on going forward and trying to score, and scrap all the defensive bollocks.

You'd think we'd just been promoted directly from the Conference the way Pardew and Carver have gone on the past 4 years. Believe it or not, it is possible to have a proactive strategy against better teams beyond "we's gotta find a way to stop 'em lads!"

Guest firetotheworks

The thing is, Pardew's the worst manager I've seen for us, easily. Then you have people saying Carver's worse...he is, but he's not a manager and that seems to get ignored constantly by those doing the whole 'be careful what you wish for' routine.

I don't hate Carver anywhere near as much as I hate Pardew, I kinda feel bad for him, tbh. He's just not up to it.

I cant stand the bloke, he is nothng but a lick spittle.

I don't hate Carver anywhere near as much as I hate Pardew, I kinda feel bad for him, tbh. He's just not up to it.

What? :lol:

He was desperate to get the job, was given a chance and he's made a complete horses arse of it. If you're going to take a PL job then be prepared to have your work put up there for scrutiny. Gormless fat wanker can't run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds, he's either a PL manager or he's not. He thoroughly deserves all of the shit that his abysmal record warrants. Fuck him.

He was desperate to get the job, was given a chance and he's made a complete horses arse of it. If you're going to take a PL job then be prepared to have your work put up there for scrutiny. Gormless fat wanker can't run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds, he's either a PL manager or he's not. He thoroughly deserves all of the shit that his abysmal record warrants. Fuck him.

:lol: Apparently we disagree. They gave him a shot, he took the shot. He's absolutely shit at it, and if he gets the gig full time fuck him. I've put all my dislike on the main dude now.

:lol: Apparently we disagree. They gave him a shot, he took the shot. He's absolutely shit at it, and if he gets the gig full time fuck him. I've put all my dislike on the main dude now.

Get that 100% :thup:

Still not getting a scrap of sympathy from me.