John Carver

Guest neesy111

Can someone remind me why he left in the first place? didnt he go with Lee Clark or am I thinking of Terry Mcdermott

Souness got rid of him when he came in and appointed Dean Saunders instead.  :doh:

:facepalm:

Ahh Dean Saunders.

I remember the day you arrived.

Carver did a fine job as No 2 to SBR 10 years ago - he and Sir Bob got the side playing great football and achieving good league positions ; was sorry to see him leave.

As has been said, he and Steve Stone have B&W blood so there should be no shortage of motivation from the dressing room staff !

Wish him all the best and hope it means he stays longer.

Fair play to Ashley and Llambias for not holding his negative comments against him.

what was it he said again? was it just a bit of abuse over the shock sacking of Hughton?

Indeed fair play if they have let it go.

Fair play to Ashley and Llambias for not holding his negative comments against him.

what was it he said again? was it just a bit of abuse over the shock sacking of Hughton?

Reply 27 (page 1) of this thread

(sorry, can't quote properly on this phone)

Reply 27 (page 1) of this thread

(sorry, can't quote properly on this phone)

Cheers, must have skimmed over that.

Absolutely fantastic appointment.

Part of me is just glad that we've finally got an Assistant Manager, but he's been my favourite ever since he was linked with the job.

One half of the best coaching duo that I've seen in my time at with this club (2000 onwards) and if we can't have the great man himself, at least his right hand man will be sat in the dugout again to serve as a memory of the great things that Sir Bobby Robson brought to this football club :)

Welcome back JC :thup:

(And well done to all parties for not taking offence to what was said probably in the heat of the moment following Hughton's departure).

Perhaps Hughton had spoken to JC about being his assistant before his sacking and thats why he may of been angry. Perhaps perhaps.

Good signing  :clap:

have

must of touched a nerve

There is no excuse for bad grammar.

About fucking time.

Non-interesting fact of the day: Aged 15, me and my now bent mate stole beer from his garage after attending a BBQ at his old house where Steve Clarke burnt the sausages.

Brilliant news. Listening to him on those radio interviews and that show they did from SJP, its obvious how much this club means to him and if he can infect the players with that (if any actually need it!) then we're onto a winner. Whichever way you look at it, its a fantastic appointment.  :clap:

(And well done to all parties for not taking offence to what was said probably in the heat of the moment following Hughton's departure).

And whilst he was employed.

And?

I once saw him give a pre match talk in at Fluid before a match and he was discussing the Bellamy airport fight. He said the most ironic thing was, they remain best friends and Carver was best man at Bellamy's wedding sometime after. There was no chair throwing either, it was simply a case of a chair being knocked over as the two went for each other.

In fact.....summer bid for Bellamy if Cardiff fail to win promotion?

I once saw him give a pre match talk in at Fluid before a match and he was discussing the Bellamy airport fight. He said the most ironic thing was, they remain best friends and Carver was best man at Bellamy's wedding sometime after. There was no chair throwing either, it was simply a case of a chair being knocked over as the two went for each other.

In fact.....summer bid for Bellamy if Cardiff fail to win promotion?

I'm sure Cardiff would love to sell him to us.