John Carver

Guest neesy111

I once saw him give a pre match talk in at Fluid before a match and he was discussing the Bellamy airport fight. He said the most ironic thing was, they remain best friends and Carver was best man at Bellamy's wedding sometime after. There was no chair throwing either, it was simply a case of a chair being knocked over as the two went for each other.

In fact.....summer bid for Bellamy if Cardiff fail to win promotion?

I'm sure Cardiff would love to sell him to us.

Cardiff have shit to say, its Man C who owns him. :pow:

I once saw him give a pre match talk in at Fluid before a match and he was discussing the Bellamy airport fight. He said the most ironic thing was, they remain best friends and Carver was best man at Bellamy's wedding sometime after. There was no chair throwing either, it was simply a case of a chair being knocked over as the two went for each other.

In fact.....summer bid for Bellamy if Cardiff fail to win promotion?

I'm sure Cardiff would love to sell him to us.

Cardiff have s*** to say, its Man C who owns him. :pow:

That's why they would love to sell him.

Perhaps Hughton had spoken to JC about being his assistant before his sacking and thats why he may of been angry. Perhaps perhaps.

Good signing  :clap:

have

must of touched a nerve

There is no excuse for bad grammar.

Well, being really dumb might be an excuse as that's not something they can do anything about.

:thup:   Good appointment.

Has a 100% record as our manager as well. Played 1 Won 1 -  Goals for 3  - Goals against 0.

It went downhill all the way from the day the whistle blew on that game and cuntface turned up.

Very good to have him back but just as surprised considering his views on the current regime. Pardew must have really done a job on him to persuade him to come.

OK appointment in my opinion, I'm not too sure what he brought to the club under Sir Bobby. I'm fairly sure that a few fans asking that question when he was under Sir Bobby.

Make no mistake it is GREAT appointment.  SBR many times lauds his ability how to coach add that his knowledge of the club it is hard to find any better assistant manager out there.

Good news, and about time too.

Got to wonder why only six months though, I can think of a certain ex-manager who was hung out to dry for someone on a similar deal.

They've probably never worked with each other before. They might not get on well so would be daft giving a long-term contract. 6 months gives them enough time to see if they can work as a duo, and if not, then he goes in the summer and nothing's lost.

Got to wonder why only six months though, I can think of a certain ex-manager who was hung out to dry for someone on a similar deal.

They've probably never worked with each other before. They might not get on well so would be daft giving a long-term contract. 6 months gives them enough time to see if they can work as a duo, and if not, then he goes in the summer and nothing's lost.

Any word if there's a 'view' to make it long-term?

Exactly, sod all to wonder about; Pardew spelled it out pretty clearly.

Any word if there's a 'view' to make it long-term?

"It's a short term deal at the moment in order that I can get to know John better and it gives us both the chance to see how the next four months pan out working together. That said, I'm very confident he'll be a great addition to our coaching staff and hopefully, if things go well, we can make it a longer term appointment come the summer."

Guest Stephen927

We've got quite a bunch of local lads as coaching staff now.  Carver, Stone and Beardsley.

Beardsley was born in Notre Dame.

I think it's been mentioned a couple of times that Carver was the one responsible for Carroll being allowed to stay on at the Academy all those years ago. If I'm not mistaken it was also his decision to turn him into a striker rather than an LB.