West Ham to get Olympic Stadium

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't get why they made the stadium such a flat design anyway. Even for the athletics it's not particularly close to the track and if it isn't so steep the view ain't going to be the best if you've a tall person infront of you.

I don't have the time to go through 16 pages to check, but has anyone mentioned leyton orient in all of this? West ham are planning to move right on their doorstep, undoubtedly giving away/selling thousands of cut price tickets to fill a ground that is far too big for them, which will probably result in the next generation of potential orient fans becoming whu supporters. Not to mention the move is against football league rules, something along the lines of not being allowed to relocate to another clubs catchment area if it could have a negative impact on the original team.  Hope Barry hearn sues the cunts for everything they've got.

Yeah, the effect on Leyton was mentioned strongly at the beginning as one of the major negatives. They even threatened to take legal action IIRC.

I think Leyton are particularly vulnerable as they charge quite a lot for tickets and certainly would be near enough the price most people pay for a WH match. I went to Leyton v Rochdale and paid £20+.

I don't have the time to go through 16 pages to check, but has anyone mentioned leyton orient in all of this? West ham are planning to move right on their doorstep, undoubtedly giving away/selling thousands of cut price tickets to fill a ground that is far too big for them, which will probably result in the next generation of potential orient fans becoming whu supporters. Not to mention the move is against football league rules, something along the lines of not being allowed to relocate to another clubs catchment area if it could have a negative impact on the original team.  Hope Barry hearn sues the c***s for everything they've got.

Numerous times. 

I've said all along that Orient should have first option and if they wanted a 25000 seater stadium, that's what should become of it.

Guest Roger Kint

Give it to both of them, make them play a friendly to officially open it then apply this 10 minutes in:

This bullshit still going on? Fucking knock it down just to shut everyone the fuck up.

Leyton Orient 'applies for London 2012 Olympic Stadium'

Leyton Orient says it is applying to move to the Olympic Stadium - after the deal handing it to West Ham collapsed.

The Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC) cancelled the original deal, blaming delays caused by a legal dispute with Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs had launched a bid for a judicial review into the decision after its own campaign to move to the venue was overlooked in favour of the Hammers.

But Orient said it would only move if the athletics track was covered.

The club's chairman, Barry Hearn, said: "We want to see if we can get around the athletics track.

"It has to stay, we know that.

"But can we build up, not down, and see if it's possible to get it covered while we play?"

West Ham has already said it still hopes to move into the stadium after the games.

Tottenham Hotspur is negotiating with the Mayor of London for public money to help it develop a new ground in Tottenham.

On Monday the club withdrew its bid for a judicial review into the handing of the Olympic Stadium to West Ham, according to a government spokeswoman.

How exactly are Leyton Orient going to fill the stadium??

It's a stupid situation that should never have happened. It's the same for the Basketball arena, it's going to be taken down and placed elsewhere in the UK but no one knows where and so far no one has asked for it. The main stadium for the Olympics doesn't have a use for it once the Olympics are over and nearly all the football clubs in London are falling over themselves for it. Leyton Orient only want just to stop West Ham from having it, West Ham want it to actually use, Spurs only want it because wWest Ham want it and they see it as a way of getting their own stadium planning permission. I say lets West ham buy it, let them rip the track out if they wish to do so. Athletics are never really going to use it again so let West Ham pay up.

It's a stupid situation that should never have happened. It's the same for the Basketball arena, it's going to be taken down and placed elsewhere in the UK but no one knows where and so far no one has asked for it. The main stadium for the Olympics doesn't have a use for it once the Olympics are over and nearly all the football clubs in London are falling over themselves for it. Leyton Orient only want just to stop West Ham from having it, West Ham want it to actually use, Spurs only want it because wWest Ham want it and they see it as a way of getting their own stadium planning permission. I say lets West ham buy it, let them rip the track out if they wish to do so. Athletics are never really going to use it again so let West Ham pay up.

We would want it under our original proposal, with Crystal Palace getting upgraded. Who wouldn't - it would be a way of getting a cracking big stadium on the (relative) cheap with excellent travel links. Sure, there's an element of wanting to stop West Ham getting it, but only because it is such a fantastic opportunity. Planning permission at WHL isn't so much of an issue now, it's more that the cost (compared to blagging the Olympic Stadium) is far greater. We were up front about ripping up the track from day one.

Sorry, I meant would it matter if Orient got the stadium and didn't fill it.

I'm not clear on how this would work with money. The most recent plan was for West Ham to rent it for a couple of mill a year, which would not be practical for the O's. The previous plan was for West Ham to buy it with the council's money - again, unlikely to happen for the O's. As for filling it - the whole think reeks of Meadowbank Thistle (for those with long memories).

Except west ham can't afford it and need newham council to stump up 30million for it or so I'm told.

Think it's 40 mill. The whole thing is a pain in the arse. Frankly, I wish they'd burn the whole thing down too, but that would be a shitload of taxpayers' money up in smoke so they've got to do something. Every option has something wrong with it.

Sorry, I meant would it matter if Orient got the stadium and didn't fill it.

For me, it just wouldn't look right - after having a (hopefully) successful Olympics next year, I would be disappointed to see it in the hands of a club of Orient's stature. The "legacy" being Leyton Orient playing there just wouldn't sit right with me :undecided:

What are West Ham's reasons behind wanting it anyway? Upton Park is hardly tiny.

One West Ham fan I've heard talking about it seemed to think that if they got it they would quickly rise to the top and challenge the best because of how huge they would suddenly become. The same bloke was also saying that most of the other clubs in England request not to play on the same day as West Ham because they're so huge already mind so I think we can move that to one side.