West Ham to get Olympic Stadium

James
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I find it amusing Karen Brady saying Tottenham's bid a joke and Lord Sugar saying West Ham's is a joke :lol:

even more hilarious is Sugars assertion that the spurs bid is being kicked into touch based on some "sort of technicalities over what was once agreed"

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not really arsed who gets it. But i'll say this:

If i were a yid i wouldn't want to move across london. And if i were a west ham fan i wouldn't want to move to a stadium with a running track. But i also wouldn't want spurs playing in my loaclity.

Everyone loses really.

Torquay win if West Ham get it.

Guest neesy111

Sir/lord/Dick head Alan Suger spouting his sour grapes on TV, first it was BBC news, now it's on SSN.

Was it anything like this?

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Do people believe west ham will get 60,000 every game?

No way!! Spurs would because they're a big club but west ham no way especially seen how they'll be a lower division club(I hope so anyway their fans and millwall's fans are knackers)!

Do people believe west ham will get 60,000 every game?

No way!! Spurs would because they're a big club but west ham no way especially seen how they'll be a lower division club(I hope so anyway their fans and millwall's fans are knackers)!

You've just made me check the C'ship table to see if Milwall was in good position to get promoted. I shudder to think what would/will happen with these two clubs in the same division. Bunch of twats.

What makes people think that Spurs will get 60,000 every game? This '30 thousand' waiting list thing....Are you telling me all of them will buy one given the opportunity? No chance, they would be lucky to get half that figure to stump up the cash in the current climate. Plus I heard that the list was just some 'member club' thing which people join and then automatically get put on the waiting list without asking to be on it or something like that.

The whole thing has been a disgrace from start to finish. Why does anything sporting stadium related with a big organisation (Wembley and OS) end up being so unbelievably shitly organised. Absolute fucking joke. Feel sorry for the WHU fans in a way, being moved from their perfectly adequate stadium which suits them fine to what will be a soulless bowl that will provide a shit football watching experience all because 3 bellends (Gold, Sullivan and Brady) fancy making a bit more money.

The whole thing has been a disgrace from start to finish. Why does anything sporting stadium related with a big organisation (Wembley and OS) end up being so unbelievably shitly organised. Absolute fucking joke. Feel sorry for the WHU fans in a way, being moved from their perfectly adequate stadium which suits them fine to what will be a soulless bowl that will provide a shit football watching experience all because 3 bellends (Gold, Sullivan and Brady) fancy making a bit more money.

This.

It just doesnt seem right to me that any team moves away from their home ground. Maybe im just going soft.......

This.

It just doesnt seem right to me that any team moves away from their home ground. Maybe im just going soft.......

I couldn't give a fuck to be honest. We are fortunate in the fact that we don't need to move away from SJP, and if we need to we can expand to just over 60k which at this day and age is towards the upper end of realistic capacity expectation in football.

If the West Ham owners want to move away then so be it. If the trend continues, with clubs opting for the generic knock it up as quick as a McDonald's stadiums, and in West ham's case, the Olympic stadium with a running track, then stadiums like SJP will tend to have more character, and more intimidation. In the long run it can only benefit us.

On a side note, this is overshadowing what Wolves are going to do, rebuild each stand at their current stadium in phases, similar to what we done at SJP. We had the right idea, Man Utd had the right, and now Wolves are having the right idea in keeping our traditional stadium and expanding them instead of opting for the new out of town stadium.

Looks like Leyton are now flexing for a fight.

Have to say I agree with the negative impact the move will have on Leyton Orient, and I hope Hearne gets his review:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic_games/london_2012/9399361.stm

I don't think there's any need for a review.  The idea of West Ham giving free admission or free season tickets to anyone is a certain recipe for Orient to go to the wall.  Hearn says they will be gone within 3 years and that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.  I've said all along that Orient are the only realistic tenants  and I've heard nothing from anyone that would make me change my mind.  I really hope they win this fight.