Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

urgh, the idea of stoke or bolton in europe. ..

Erm, we've been in Europe twice in the past 5 years and didn't do that badly at all. Drew away with Bayern and knocked out Atletico Madrid last time we were in it, and possibly would have got past Sporting if Megson had not decided to play a reserve team because we had a relegation six-pointer on the Sunday (which we duly lost after an inept performance). :facepalm:

Guest BooBoo

we can forget all about this now- our piss poor home form has settled it.

Four home wins has been a poor return. We have to sort it out for next season, as I think our good away form of this year will only go backwards.

Fuck sake. Just flicked onto SSN and one of their headlines is why the FA Cup draw is bad news for Liverpool. Assuming has to be because of the whole European allocation.  Who really gives a fuck?

f*** sake. Just flicked onto SSN and one of their headlines is why the FA Cup draw is bad news for Liverpool. Assuming has to be because of the whole European allocation.  Who really gives a f***?

They the only ones that can finish 6th like? I must have imagined Bolton and Sunderland being so close, with the latter playing Liverpool next weekend.

The bias in the British media really f***s me off sometimes.

Erm, we've been in Europe twice in the past 5 years and didn't do that badly at all. Drew away with Bayern and knocked out Atletico Madrid last time we were in it, and possibly would have got past Sporting if Megson had not decided to play a reserve team because we had a relegation six-pointer on the Sunday (which we duly lost after an inept performance). :facepalm:

To be honest with Bolton it's more just a personal thing for me, my mate's brother is a Geordie Bolton fan who goes on like a proper cunt on Facebook whenever Bolton win and/or Newcastle lose.

To be honest with Bolton it's more just a personal thing for me, my mate's brother is a Geordie Bolton fan who goes on like a proper cunt on Facebook whenever Bolton win and/or Newcastle lose.

Seriously, why the fuck!? :lol:

To be honest with Bolton it's more just a personal thing for me, my mate's brother is a Geordie Bolton fan who goes on like a proper c*** on Facebook whenever Bolton win and/or Newcastle lose.

Seriously, why the f***!? :lol:

:lol:

erm... I'm pretty sure runners up of the FA Cup don't get into Europe anymore. Thought this was the case for the last couple of years, no?

edit: sack that, thats wrong. this telegraph article mislead me...  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/europa-league/3023605/Back-door-route-into-Europe-is-shut-for-FA-Cup-final-losers-Football.html

upon reading the actual rules, its bullshit.

• 3 weeks later...