Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

Am I the only one that thinks that this is the greatest thing that has happened to Sky Sports? Who gives a f*** who leaked it or for what reasons. ANDY GRAY IS NOT ON SKY ANYMORE! Should be a public holiday!

They were getting tedious in the end, a change was needed anyway.

Bluf - I don't understand how you can defend someone for making a lewd suggestion to a colleague to "Tuck the mic in" and holding his belt buckle to point to his male area. At work, to a colleague, in front of other colleagues.  And you think that's acceptable behaviour?

Guaranteed, that in the corporate world that I work in, he would be in front of HR within the hour of having that reported. And if a video clip of that was shown in the local news media they would be out of the door within the day.

For Sky to retain him following that, would condone such behaviour at a corporate level and open them up to further harassment lawsuits.

I agree that their may be additional hidden motivations (phone tapping law suit, potential salary dump, corporate image etc) but I don't see how Gray can get anything out of his dismissal over the Charlotte Jackson comment, unless he can prove that comments like that were an accepted and common place activity within the working environment.

Bluf - I don't understand how you can defend someone for making a lewd suggestion to a colleague to "Tuck the mic in" and holding his belt buckle to point to his male area. At work, to a colleague, in front of other colleagues.  And you think that's acceptable behaviour?

Guaranteed, that in the corporate world that I work in, he would be in front of HR within the hour of having that reported. And if a video clip of that was shown in the local news media they would be out of the door within the day.

For Sky to retain him following that, would condone such behaviour at a corporate level and open them up to further harassment lawsuits.

I agree that their may be additional hidden motivations (phone tapping law suit, potential salary dump, corporate image etc) but I don't see how Gray can get anything out of his dismissal over the Charlotte Jackson comment, unless he can prove that comments like that were an accepted and common place activity within the working environment.

it's telling that they held onto that footage until they could properly use it against him. I reckon stuff like that was going on all the time. Sky were just waiting for Gray to trip up again and broadcast it to the world.

overall i'm glad they're gone just because the coverage has gotten stale. I used to like Gray, and still find him to be a decent pundit, but the arrogance and daft opinions on some subjects did my head in - ie, defending or being pally with certain british players and managers while deriding foreigners. that, along with the sexism, is just another example of how it's just an old boys network with old fashioned views for the likes of Gray.

The night where they analysed Barca summed him up perfectly - he made some great points about Xavi's role in the side and then went on a bizarre tangent about whether Messi would be able to cope with playing on a cold night in Stoke.

it's telling that they held onto that footage until they could properly use it against him. I reckon stuff like that was going on all the time. Sky were just waiting for Gray to trip up again and broadcast it to the world.

Agree....the timing is.....interesting.

It might be a case of the studio crew knowing but not the management, and then management asking the producers about this type of behaviour.  I doubt it was already cut and edited into evidence and placed in a file marked "Gray - Possible Termination Evidence.  But who knows.

From a show perspective, I couldn't care less if he is there or not as I don't get his show in the US.

From a referee perspective, his comments on Massey were very bad form. Especially as to reach that level (and it would be an awful lot of games completed to reach that high), she will have proved that she is 10X the referee that he is - I reckon he would be crucified if he tried to referee a U18 Boys club game or even a Sunday League game.

From a human perspective - he just showed his true colors colours, and showed that he is a neanderthal.

On the whole - glad he is gone - especially as his appology consisted of "I never meant those comments to be broadcast", with the sub-text that it's OK to say that if it's not broadcast. What a dinosaur!!

Probably not worthy of a thread but who would you have as replacements for these 2 , imo they need personalitys who speak there mind and who have played the game or have a bloody good knowledge of what there talking about .Players from the past who can fill there shoes urmmm lets think , i know he is a bellend but i have a sneaking suspicion Stan (dogger,wife beater) Collymore might be in with a shout unless they think he is a loose canon of course ,Rednapp has a fighting chance (bellend too) but they are not my choices far from it but who i think sky might go for .

Did the Dark Forces get a female linsewoman sorted for the weekend? Did Steve the camerman get Sian Massey warming up, then told Burton she was a looker, then Burton did the rest. There was stuff released about Keys who is not suing NOTW.

I think it's incredibly naive to act like there's no agenda here, completely and utterly naive.  Sure Gray ultimately has to take responsibility for his own downfall in that he, and he only, made the comments.  However, clips like these don't just get leaked on a whim, or in the 'public interest'.  This wasn't a Ron Atkinson slip, where he was actually still on air in some countries (I believe it was still being broadcast in the middle east).  

What's happened here is essentially a secret recording that has then been used against them in public to not only smear them but to paint the picture that Sky had 'no choice'.  If it was a criminal case, you wouldn't even be able to use it (recording) in court unless in extreme circumstances (ie. murder etc) which this isn't even close to being.  They are in fact right when they say this is akin to the phone hacking scandal, it's practically identical in terms of end-product.  It was the same when they did it with Gordon Brown, another one 'they' wanted out.  I think it's good that more and more people are coming out in support of them, if not their views, then their right to have the private conversations kept private.

Like I've said, I've no particular care for either of them, the whole things has been hilarious, at times baffling (the genuine sound of disgust in original clip) and entirely hypocritical from the masses.  I've no doubt a lot on here don't share their views, and I know I don't, but I also know there will be a few nodding their heads in agreement with some that was said, with perhaps the exception of the Massey nonsense.  

Sadly, though, I think it's tragic that these media companies continue to pull the wool over the eyes of the public and they're only going to keep getting away with it because we all love a good distraction.  Sorry, scandal.  It's been pretty pathetic, the whole thing.  At the end of the day, nothing that was said was that f***ing bad.  Anyone acting like it were, like they're genuinely morally outraged really need to get a f***ing hold of themselves and be quite serious when they think "have I ever talked about women that way?"  Cause I've seen plenty of it on here down the years.  Like Indi said yesterday, where the f*** did all this moral superiority come from?  Who the f*** are we kidding?

Personally, I hope Gray gets every single penny he can from them.  Like him or not, they're the scum, not him.  He's just a tit, a tit that holds views no worse than the majority of peoples fathers on here.

Now I love a good News Corp/News International conspiracy theory as much as  next man hence my post  http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,70147.msg2754027.html#msg2754027.

The initial story about Massy 1st came about in the Daily Mail not the The Times or The Sun or NOWT. Before you say it,  The Sun is not afraid to run stories about Gray either as we see here from 2007 http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article231900.ece . For me someone in the gallery listening to what was being said by Gray & Keys knew they had something good & sold the story. Later that day Sky News released the chat near the pitch with Gray, Burton & Steve.T.Camerman because they now that someone will sell this bit of footage as well so SKY/News International have to start setting the agenda rather than being on the backfoot, so they show the clips as a exclusive.

The lawsuit Gray has against the NOWT has been ongoing for years a bit like Steve Cogans , yet it never stopped Gray getting a lucrative deal last Jan to cover the World Cup for Fox soccer channel ttp://www.newscorp.com/news/bunews_117.html.

I think Gray was sacked because of the classic thing known as public opinion.

Has anyone made any assumptions on who has leaked these off air clips that would normally get ignored  ,i guess someone who hates the 2 or has a grudge ?

They must have put the clips on usb i guess so are they studio staff who have been prompted by someone who doesnt like there attitude or the studio staff themselves ?

The word is that Sky aren't interested in who leaked the clips, which says something.

how many times am i going to have to post news of the world court case in this thread?

Get off your high horse there are a few people who are commenting on this subject now and ignoring the NOTW crap your going on about ,it seems like a stitch up job to get them out but i asked "WHO HAS LEAKED THESE CLIPS"  as they came from the studio and someone wanted them out .

Has anyone made any assumptions on who has leaked these off air clips that would normally get ignored  ,i guess someone who hates the 2 or has a grudge ?

They must have put the clips on usb i guess so are they studio staff who have been prompted by someone who doesnt like there attitude or the studio staff themselves ?

The word is that Sky aren't interested in who leaked the clips, which says something.

how many times am i going to have to post news of the world court case in this thread?

Get off your high horse there are a few people who are commenting on this subject now and ignoring the NOTW crap your going on about ,it seems like a stitch up job to get them out but i asked "WHO HAS LEAKED THESE CLIPS"  as they came from the studio and someone wanted them out .

It serves no purpose to nail the person/people who have leaked this information as sacking someone who in effect is a whistblower would lead them down a path that SKY don't want to go down. But I would imagine there will be tightening up of procedures & security . Expect a few no sound moments as presenters & guests will be knocking there mic off at every opportunity & no we will come across those that are not switched back on.

Guest JamesyJazz

Kinda gives me a sense of self satisfaction and told you so.

Even for being threatend with expulsion from the Gallowgate during the glorious 5-1 game for turning towards the sky box tunelessly(reason in itself for expulsion) singing 'We hate Andy Gray,he's a c**t,he's a c**t'.

Regardless of what Charlotte Jackson said about it (from what I understand she didn't complain) that video is horrendous. It just looks like a significantly older, senior man bullying a younger woman in the office, nobody laughs, it's just awful. I know that probably isn't an accurate representation of their relationship but that video is utterly cringeworthy and awful.

Regardless of what Charlotte Jackson said about it (from what I understand she didn't complain) that video is horrendous. It just looks like a significantly older, senior man bullying a younger woman in the office, nobody laughs, it's just awful. I know that probably isn't an accurate representation of their relationship but that video is utterly cringeworthy and awful.

link to the vid?

link to the vid?

http://www.google.co.uk/

Still dipping in to Georgie Thompsons box on Soccer AM this morning, not sure how that is any different?

Because it is a play on words rather than insulting someone or asking a female colleague to put her hands down your pants in the name of microphone duty.