Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

lol completely the opposite of what he said when he arrived.

He either bullshitted when he arrived or more likely is bullshitting now, either way he's a bullshitter.

Overated, poor, injury prone and lucky escape for us all come to mind. Thank god he's burn't his bridge with us.

What did he actually say on SSN?

FWIW it quickly became apparent that we weren't going to be looking into him again, would be bizarre along with signings we've made.

Did it? Why then did this come out a fortnight ago?

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/26/stephen-ireland-is-back-on-the-radar-of-alan-pardew-79310-28942398/

A senior United source said: “Nothing is imminent with Stephen, but it is not one to write off just yet.

“He might not have played but he was unlucky with injuries and his attitude and work-rate while he was here were absolutely first class.

“He was finished at Villa under Gerard Houllier but a new manager might change things for him.

“He would like to come back but it depends on Villa now.

“I think Stephen is one that we’ll keep an eye on with a view to maybe ‘nicking him’ at the end of the window.”

What did he actually say on SSN?

FWIW it quickly became apparent that we weren't going to be looking into him again, would be bizarre along with signings we've made.

Did it? Why then did this come out a fortnight ago?

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/06/26/stephen-ireland-is-back-on-the-radar-of-alan-pardew-79310-28942398/

A senior United source said: “Nothing is imminent with Stephen, but it is not one to write off just yet.

“He might not have played but he was unlucky with injuries and his attitude and work-rate while he was here were absolutely first class.

“He was finished at Villa under Gerard Houllier but a new manager might change things for him.

“He would like to come back but it depends on Villa now.

“I think Stephen is one that we’ll keep an eye on with a view to maybe ‘nicking him’ at the end of the window.”

Had no idea those quotes existed, I just didn't think Ireland fitted in with our other signings, and he hadn't done enough to prove himself. I stand corrected.

Horrible scrawny little ratbag who would probably run and hide behind someone if you started a fight with him.

Or he'd hang back during a scrap and wait to land a cheap shot on someone with his big skull.

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/194/bonksrevenge.jpg

I hadn't thought of it before, but Ireland would be a handy forward to bring in at the last minute if/when our various half hearted efforts at signing a real striker fall through.

I still wouldnt rule out NUFC moving for him late in the window.

Especially since they've already reportedly signalled their intention to do so when the situation is ripe.

• 5 months later...