Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FWIW I distinctly recall reading Colo saying that he didn't like playing in midfield, when he was played there at Depor.

That makes sense . Colo is not tough enough to play as a DM. Colo has two weaknesses: He sometimes forgets to mark his man, and he rarely tackles. He tries to win or protect the ball in the most righteous way: by standing on his feet. But  that has periodically resulted in him being outmuscled leading us vulnerable for counterattacks. Sometimes you have to get dirty and tackle the ball in order to avoid such situations. And as a DM you're often attacked from both sides, while one as a defender more often than not have your back clear. Consequently, DM is  probably the most physically demanding position on the pitch. That doesn't not suit Colo.

FWIW I distinctly recall reading Colo saying that he didn't like playing in midfield, when he was played there at Depor.

That makes sense . Colo is not tough enough to play as a DM. Colo has two weaknesses: He sometimes forgets to mark his man, and he rarely tackles. He tries to win or protect the ball in the most righteous way: by standing on his feet. But  that has periodically resulted in him being outmuscled leading us vulnerable for counterattacks. Sometimes you have to get dirty and tackle the ball in order to avoid such situations. And as a DM you're often attacked from both sides, while one as a defender more often than not have your back clear. Consequently, DM is  probably the most physically demanding position on the pitch. That doesn't not suit Colo.

Periodically? Have a word, man. It's happened once this season - 30 PL games old, btw.

Is it just me or is Steven Taylor far, far more popular amongst our general support than on here?  This extends to the likes of True Faith and The Mag from what I've seen - I mainly see him getting slagged off on here and nowhere else.

Is it just me or is Steven Taylor far, far more popular amongst our general support than on here?  This extends to the likes of True Faith and The Mag from what I've seen - I mainly see him getting slagged off on here and nowhere else.

One thing that has become clear is that N-O is in no way indicative of fan attitudes amongst the general support.

Sometimes that's a good thing, and sometimes it isn't.  The appreciation for Steven Taylor is a fine example of the latter.

Yeah, as usual my views lie somewhere in between.  Our first choice back 4 clearly needs to be Simpson-Williamson-Colo-Enrique, but I've got no problem with Taylor coming in if Williamson's injured.  And he's not suddenly a guaranteed disaster at right back because of 1 terrible game, I've seen him have decent games there and tbf he was probably rusty against Everton.

As a person he does seem a bit of a cock though.