Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

All the Villa fans on twitter laughing at us for taking him off them.  They don't even know that Villa have paid all but 2 weeks wages. :D

All the Villa fans on twitter laughing at us for taking him off them.  They don't even know that Villa have paid all but 2 weeks wages. :D

Where do you get that from, the wages bit?

To be honest, it wasn't laughing at you for taking him, it was mainly relief he was out of the club, the mopey arsed mental.

Our sole January transfer - excluding HBA who was here anyway - has ended up playing 49 minutes from a possible 1,350 (15 matches including Villa).

What a fucking brilliant signing. :lol:

I'd still sign him based on the fact that he is as good if not better than the majority of our current midfield.

He's had a shit time at NUFC and I get the sneaky suspicion he was fit enough to play more games than he did but didn't for whatever reason.

I'd take him on a season long loan next season and see how it goes by Xmas. If he hasn't put a shift in then send him back.

Crumpy knows somebody that knows his Dad, or summit or other.

Our sole January transfer - excluding HBA who was here anyway - has ended up playing 49 minutes from a possible 1,350 (15 matches including Villa).

What a f***ing brilliant signing. :lol:

I said the same a few weeks back and got mocked when i said a waste of time signing a injured player as a loan signing  :laugh:

To be honest, it wasn't laughing at you for taking him, it was mainly relief he was out of the club, the mopey arsed mental.

From when we signed him on loan, we weren't going to pay hig wages until he's fit, I'd imagine we'd still have to pay though till the end of the season. It's what reportedly held the deal up.

Can't believe people would have him here again.. loan or not. Is it because of the rushed volley attempt vs Man U? or that time vs Blackpool where he raced through the middle and made the wrong pass?

Ireland epitomises everything that we should avoid in a player. Awfully injury prone, can't fit into our formation, huge salary and his best form was 4 years ago.. Sure, let's sell Jose so that we can afford to pay 50k to this waster

Ireland epitomises everything that we should avoid in a player. Awfully injury prone, can't fit into our formation, huge salary and his best form was 4 years ago.. Sure, let's sell Jose so that we can afford to pay 50k to this waster

good point(s)

more like a FFS signing than an MA one

Guest Stephen927

Hope we avoid signing him but I don't think that's likely. He's looked alright when he's played, I just think there is better out there on the market.