Transfer Deadline Day thread

JH

I think we have an offer on the table for someone else - Pardew virtually confirmed as much in that Radio Newcastle interview - but whether it happens is another story. Probably Larsson as mentioned.

Wasn't there a piece in the rags posted on here about us having two bids on the table (one of them Ireland) and that we expected both to be accepted?

I'd be happy with just Ireland, and Xisco being the only player leaving.

This January was always about securing Ben Arfa long term and keeping our big guns (Carroll, Barton & Jose). Would be over the moon if we somehow managed to get Sturridge on loan, and would be very happy if we got Seb Larsson, but I don't think we'll get either.

Still find it strange how much suddenly explodes on the last day. Why couldn't Spurs spend the last month negotiating instead of getting to the last day and throwing loads of money around in the hope someone randomly bites?

Bizarre.

I think it's the selling clubs wanting to hold out for other interested parties trying to up the fee they might get, and then on deadline day their bet on getting a better deal either fails or come through.

I think we have an offer on the table for someone else - Pardew virtually confirmed as much in that Radio Newcastle interview - but whether it happens is another story. Probably Larsson as mentioned.

Blatantly Adam Johnson...we're doomed...doomed.

They're really not insane. They're pretty average in all honesty. He's also slow and lacking in anything else to his game.

Harsh.

How is that harsh? :lol: I don't see what's so special about his delivery. I think it's because he's one-paced, classes as a 'right-sided midfielder' and lines up to deliver the ball like Beckham that makes people think he can cross a ball well. In all honesty he rarely causes any problems and his only assists seem to come from set-pieces.

Wasn't there a piece in the rags posted on here about us having two bids on the table (one of them Ireland) and that we expected both to be accepted?

Found it:

Pardew has hinted that two deals could be done on Monday' date=' but suspects the clubs in question are going to wait to see whether they receive a better offer before the deadline.[/quote']

Guest Heneage

Read in the paper today Yannick Djalo has handed in a transfer request after Sporting rejected a £2.4m bid for him from Boro, they want £4m...is he worth hijacking?

Sounds on paper a good possible partner for Carroll

No Djalo is like Nani but even more inconsistent and not as talented.

We also can't sign Puncheon.

Found it:

Pardew has hinted that two deals could be done on Monday' date=' but suspects the clubs in question are going to wait to see whether they receive a better offer before the deadline.[/quote']

Lifted straight from that, man.

Read in the paper today Yannick Djalo has handed in a transfer request after Sporting rejected a £2.4m bid for him from Boro, they want £4m...is he worth hijacking?

We can, he's on 'emergency loan' and that doesn't count towards the no more than 2 clubs rule. I think Puncheon and Ireland would be a canny deadline day but I'd still feel slightly disappointed that we haven't added a striker.

I'm afraid my instinct is that Ireland will be the last and I'm not happy with that. We badly need a striker especially as nobody knows how long Carroll will be out for. We can't continue on with the awesome firepower combination of Ameobi and Best.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

What you all doing on the internet, or in bed. You should be sat in your deck chairs and watching SKY SPORTS NEWS!  :frantic:

Why not?

Why not?

Played for 2 clubs already this season?

Why not?

Played for 2 clubs already this season?

Emergency loan.