What has football come to?

Dave

I fully accept that when we signed the likes of Shearer and broke the world transfer record we were part of this ourselves, but what the fuck is going on? Seriously, it's a fucking joke how as soon as a player looks anything like decent the so-called top clubs are willing to take them for utterly stupid money. Where and when will this end?

Roman Abramovich is a fucking prick.

It's been on the cards for so long. The media can't rest if there's a quality player who's not playing for one of their precious clubs. There's no point having an academy if you aren't going to keep the good players you produce.

I cant Accept the club saying it will not waste money on big names, but build something through talent. Then just go and sell it as soon as shows potential. What does that leave the club as.

we wont buy top players.

we will sell any good young players.

we are a shit club run by liars.

Honestly, Dave, I think we're entering into the endgame now. Football is one industry where the bubble has still yet to burst. I thought it would have burst around the time of the credit crunch, but actually of course the people funding this bubble are so endlessly rich that there is seemingly no limit to it - other than their own boredom threshold. But when you get to the point of a club spending £35M+ on a young player who has yet to play in major CL or World Cup level games, it just debases the whole game.

I'm utterly fucking gob-smacked. What was with all his shit about wanting to stay forever and emanating Shearer?1 I'd love to know what ha seen going on behind the scenes today, we'll never know though.

His statement will be interesting. I fucking hope he flops and Liverpool finish below us the fucking cunt!

I really have lost my faith. What has it all come to? This money is stupid, dave is spot on. Its just nothingness. Fuckign Sky man, I stand my decision to not get it and to never want it.

I'm too angry to come up with decisions and thoughts now, I just don't know...

I cant Accept the club saying it will not waste money on big names, but build something through talent. Then just go and sell it as soon as shows potential. What does that leave the club as.

we wont buy top players.

I thought the 'business model' was always going to be buying promising youngsters and trying to sell them on for more than they were worth?

Forgive me for having a lack of personal emotional connection to this but from the outside, surely this is Carroll's work? He's requested he wanted to leave, man. The tales of Ashley and co are pretty devastating but I can't fathom how on this occasion they are the main culprits.

Forgive me for having a lack of personal emotional connection to this but from the outside, surely this is Carroll's work? He's requested he wanted to leave, man. The tales of Ashley and co are pretty devastating but I can't fathom how on this occasion they are the main culprits.

1) They've made this club an embarrassment in all aspects.

2) They've never shown any ambition whatsoever.

3) They're notorious liars.

I've no doubts this is their doing.

we wont buy top players.

I thought the 'business model' was always going to be buying promising youngsters and trying to sell them on for more than they were worth?

was it?

Everyone's a cunt in this situation. Carroll was always going to go, Ashley was just trying to milk Liverpool for all he could get.

Carroll's a cunt, no doubt, but imo he could have been convinced to stay if he was assured Newcastle were looking to progress.

Guest Christian Marxen

This is all coming back to Abramovic really. Before him you wouldn't see such insanity. And it still amazes me that there's no rules for who and how you can take over and run a football club in the UK.

It's destroying the game.

Look at German football. They got rules against these things happening. And it looks like it could very well be the most interesting league in the future to be honest.

Look at the US sports. Lots of rules to make it more fair and even.

Freedom is good in an open market where the consumers will benefit. But it destroys football.

I don't think a bubble will ever burst in the Premier League to be honest. As we'll just end up with all clubs being owned by billionaires from all over the world playing with their toys.

Sad state of affairs...

we wont buy top players.

was it?

:dontknow: Thought the 'scouting team' were going to identify several promising young players, 'manager' would coach them and develop them in the first team, then they'd be sold on for a profit? May well have just imagined it.

As for Carroll, would like to keep him but a British Transfer Record for someone with question marks over their consistency, personal life and current injury record does seem a bit too good to reject, especially if they've gone down the route of submitting a transfer request (co-erced or not).

Fantastic player on his day though, has been unplayable at times this season. :(