SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Of course it is all a joke on Ashley's part.  You can just see him and Llambias laughing themselves silly at winding up the stupid Geordies even further.  Anyway. Whelan has the good sense not to sell to another relegation rival and weakening themselves with no time to get a replacement in.

Except his team is probably amongst the favourites to get relegated.

It's Ashley's version of filling out the unemployment form.  Make bids that can't possibly be accepted.  I might be a bit sensitive, but these bids seem to be tinged with a level of maliciousness about them.  A cruel pisstake.

Exactly what I thought. Especially with it being Charles f***ing N'Zogbia - a player at the forefront the last time a complete and utter farce like this occured.

Guest Heneage

It's Ashley's version of filling out the unemployment form.  Make bids that can't possibly be accepted.  I might be a bit sensitive, but these bids seem to be tinged with a level of maliciousness about them.  A cruel pisstake.

Exactly what I thought. Especially with it being Charles f***ing N'Zogbia - a player at the forefront the last time a complete and utter farce like this occured.

My Sunderland  supporting friend made a fairly obvious and good point tonight:

'Why wait till 10 minutes to go when the deal was tied up at 6?'

Genuine as in we meant it? Because Whelan confirmed we did actually bid.

We probably bid in the hope that we'd get knocked back, N'Zogbia wasn't liked when he was here last time as he was always trying to get away.

Guest Heneage

If that's true Ronnie then really those in charge are naive whichever way you try to play it.

a.) The bid's genuine, they seriously think a transfer in this day and age can be constructed and finished ignoring the fact he couldn't have a medical in 11 minutes.

b.) It was spin, a line for Sky to run with and to make the fans think we were trying to reinvest Carroll money. Refer to point A really, if you want to do that, pop the bid in at 6pm and whittle on negotiations till 1030 at which point you say neither side can agree.

Just waking up here...

Would have been quite happy had we brought N'Zogbia back tbh, would be a significant upgrade at LW.

Did they really throw the bids in with 10 minutes to go though? :lol:

My Sunderland  supporting friend made a fairly obvious and good point tonight:

'Why wait till 10 minutes to go when the deal was tied up at 6?'

Why, Llambias was driving to Wigan of course, as David Craig informed us.