SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Is this honestly for real?  :lol:

N'Zogbia couldn't wait to get away, why the fuck would he come back?  Surely they could have picked a more realistic player to try to take the piss out of us with

Zoggy was loved here until he took his huff under JK, the form he is in bow he would improve us.

Would he have came back?

Did the club really want him? paying double what we sold him for.

If it wsas just a maje a bid to fool the fans then why for Zoggy ?

Btw anyone confident in us spending the Carroll money wisely to 'rebuild the squad' needs to have a think about if this ridiculous effort had been accepted.

I did wonder at the time that if Whelan hates Ashley that much, he might consider accepting for the shits and giggles of the aftermath.

Guest firetotheworks

Not that I believe the bid was genuine, but hasn't Zog been playing up front for Wigan?

Genuine as in we meant it? Because Whelan confirmed we did actually bid.

Genuine as in actually expecting a former player to come back, from a club who's owner hates Ashley more than most. I don't know what's worse really, if the bid was fake then it's transparent and stupid as fuck, if it was real then he's stupid and ignorant as fuck.

£12 million for N'Zogbias talent is nothing compared to £35 million for Carrolls talent.

However, yes his attitude is shit, and I'm glad he's not here. Him and Ireland might really have fucked the squad over.

Guest firetotheworks

The latter :nods:

Why are you so willing to believe that, when it laughs in the face of astounding and specific evidence to the contrary? Do you just like a debate?

Guest firetotheworks

The latter :nods:

Why are you so willing to believe that, when it laughs in the face of astounding and specific evidence to the contrary? Do you just like a debate?

What? :lol:

So you believe that he genuinely bid for an ex-player, in the last half an hour of the window, trying to buy the best player from a club in a relegation fight, who's owner despises Ashley, and expected it to not only to be accepted, but for a player with previous problems with us, and who is well known for sulking, to agree personal terms in half an hour?

The prior evidence being the 'bid' made to Sunderland for Keiron Richardson, who was then our local rivals' best player. It's all in line with his stock, discount price P.R.

Yes. In fact, the way you spell it out there, it's an incredibly 'Ashley' thing to do :lol:

Not saying it would have ever happened like, but I wouldn't put it past him to think "Mike you're a genius! Derek, pull the car round!"

Btw if anyone is interested, Steve wraith also got a txt from N'Zogbia last night saying he wanted to come but Wigan wouldn't allow it

I'm sure he wanted to come, the cynicism that greeted the bid is understandable but it is highly unlikely that the club would have gone for him if there wasn't an indication from N'zogbia that he was up for it. Whelan turning it down is totally understandable, any chance Wigan might have of staying up would reduce significantly if he left.

Btw anyone confident in us spending the Carroll money wisely to 'rebuild the squad' needs to have a think about if this ridiculous effort had been accepted.

Huh? 12m on someone of Zogs talent is creditable, especially at that late stage of the window.

No doubt he'll stick in a transfer request again in the summer and (if nobody else gets to him first) we'll pick him up for 8-10m.

Btw if anyone is interested, Steve wraith also got a txt from N'Zogbia last night saying he wanted to come but Wigan wouldn't allow it

I'm sure he wanted to come, the cynicism that greeted the bid is understandable but it is highly unlikely that the club would have gone for him if there wasn't an indication from N'zogbia that he was up for it. Whelan turning it down is totally understandable, any chance Wigan might have of staying up would reduce significantly if he left.

They simply wouldn't have any chance of staying up. So for them, at that point in time, he was worth 40m+.

Starting to lose faith in Newcastle fans after reading some of the posts in this thread, seeing all the conspiracy theories. Luckily this forum doesn't represent the view of the average fan.

Personally, i was pleased to see the club are prepared to reinvest in the squad.

Starting to lose faith in Newcastle fans after reading some of the posts in this thread, seeing all the conspiracy theories. Luckily this forum doesn't represent the view of the average fan.

Personally, i was pleased to see the club are prepared to reinvest in the squad.

i saw that cheeky avatar change.  :lol: