I don't understand the transfer request.

Parky

Blackmail? Is that what you're thinking Parky????

But what kind would work on a local lad who clearly loves the club?

I can see the PR spin benefit of getting him to put in for one....But again it makes him look pretty bad...

Well it works either two ways, Carroll wanted to move for the extra moolah, or Ashley wanted to sell but didn't want to be portrayed as the 'bad guy' so said Carroll would have to make a 'transfer request' to move.

Either way it doesn't really matter, the player is gone and nowt we can do about it. I'm sure Carroll will spout the usual nonsense about how a move to Liverpool was too good to turn down, playing under Dalglish was a dream after watching him dismantle the Newcastle team of the late 90's yadayadayada...

We should hear what Carroll says in the press conference before jumping to conclusions.

As if he'll sit there in Liverpool clothing and tell the world's media that he didn't want to move there.

We should hear what Carroll says in the press conference before jumping to conclusions.

As if he'll sit there in Liverpool clothing and tell the world's media that he didn't want to move there.

good point, well made.

Guest firetotheworks

It makes no sense,

Bid rejected for £25 million

Bid rejected for £35 million

and then all in one go he hands in a transfer request, it's accepted, the bid is accepted, and he's in Liverpool agreeing terms. If Ashley's fucked us on this it'll be the ultimate pisstake, they may as well have Shearer assassinated and dance on Bobby's grave.

Why do you think the Tottenham bid rumours surfaced all through January? To draw out other interested parties.

It was always NUFC's intention to sell him this month.

Dark forces at work.

That's the way the world works though. Whether you are Andy Carroll or Fernado Torres.

ok boyhood club which has brought him through and made him the player he is, stood by him through some serious shit (including alleged attack on team mate which broke his jaw and most other clubs would quite rightly have terminated his contract for and could have lost us said defender) made him no 9 and hands in transfer request, doesn't add up however he was under no obligation to move, he could easily have rejected liverpool and said i'm saying.

most curious and i'm sure we'll see plenty of theorys in the sunday rags

Blackmail? Is that what you're thinking Parky????

But what kind would work on a local lad who clearly loves the club?

I can see the PR spin benefit of getting him to put in for one....But again it makes him look pretty bad...

From what we picked up from Wraith it reminds me of when Shay said "They made me do things that I didn't want to do in the end"