I don't understand the transfer request.

Parky

Why do you think the Tottenham bid rumours surfaced all through January? To draw out other interested parties.

It was always NUFC's intention to sell him this month.

Dark forces at work.

That's the way the world works though. Whether you are Andy Carroll or Fernado Torres.

It is. So why bother with the transfer request charade?

Why do you think the Tottenham bid rumours surfaced all through January? To draw out other interested parties.

Dark forces at work.

ahyes, the "rooney" tactic resurfaces.

rubbish then aswell

the bs 'him not wanted to move but club told him they want the money so he had to go' i hear everywhere really needs to be cleared..

We obviously wanted him to stay and were holding out for a higher bid.

Carroll's agent threw the toys out of the pram, because we were putting his big pay day in jeopardy. Carroll obviously had most of this set up well in advance of today. 15minutes to agree personal terms? really?

I agree with selling at the price to be honest, I am sure we had a price in mind to sell him for aswell. Its totally unacceptable this should all transpire when we have no time to get a replacement. On the flip side we should have known it was an outside possibility and should have been looking to bring in another striker regardless.

We rejected 35 mill but then accepted it once Carroll put in his transfer request.

Something smells iffy.

How would Carroll know how much salary he'd be on if he wasn't tapped up?

Exactly man, ffs!  There is no way that this is how events unfolded.

11ish: NUFC apparently reject £30m bid for Carroll.

1ish: SSN saying there will be some big news about Andy Carroll today, take our word for it.  I'm just starting to take it seriously, personally.

2-ish+: reports we've accepted £35m bid for Carroll, much chat ensues.

4ish: NUFC say they've rejected LFC's latest bid.

4.15ish: Oh, NUFC say he's submitted a transfer request.

4.30ish: LFC say on their site they've had a bid accepted.

Couldn't be arsed to check the times above properly but it was fishy to say the least.  NUFC were silent all day until they decided to broadcast that they'd manfully rejected a bid and then very soon after that the player had requested a transfer.

Also, and this is key, I am 100% inclined to disbelieve David fucking Craig's version of events ffs.  There is no way that what he said happened happened, it's not possible.

Dark forces at work.

rubbish then aswell

:thup:

transfer request had to of happened, there was no point of rejecting ridiculously overpriced bids on a player that ended up wanting to move for whatever reasons.

is it not possible to sell a player who hadn't submitted a transfer request ?

We rejected 35 mill but then accepted it once Carroll put in his transfer request.

Something smells iffy.

1ish: SSN saying there will be some big news about Andy Carroll today, take our word for it.  I'm just starting to take it seriously, personally.

Couldn't be arsed to check the times above properly but it was fishy to say the least.  NUFC were silent all day until they decided to broadcast that they'd manfully rejected a bid and then very soon after that the player had requested a transfer.

Also, and this is key, I am 100% inclined to disbelieve David f***ing Craig's version of events ffs.  There is no way that what he said happened happened, it's not possible.

coulkd the iffy bit be the way agents work in talking to people they shouldn't ?

transfer request had to of happened, there was no point of rejecting ridiculously overpriced bids on a player that ended up wanting to move for whatever reasons.

It is if you're prepared to pay him to go on his merry way, and with a 5 year contract that's a hefty golden goodbye -  :shifty:

Dark forces at work.

rubbish then aswell

Why would Redknapp deny all knowledge of a bid when NUFC have publicized rejecting one?

Something smells iffy.

Also, and this is key, I am 100% inclined to disbelieve David f***ing Craig's version of events ffs.  There is no way that what he said happened happened, it's not possible.

coulkd the iffy bit be the way agents work in talking to people they shouldn't ?

Stands a very good chance,what's the point of agreeing transfer fees and allowing prospective buyers to talk to players if they just do that anyhow?

No, we shouldn't keep a player who wants to go AND we are being offered well over the ends for what their footballing services are worth.

Dark forces at work.

rubbish then aswell

Why would Redknapp deny all knowledge of a bid when NUFC have publicized rejecting one?

because he doesn't like failing in transfer bids? his entire rep is built on transfers failing in one doesn't look good does it

We should hear what Carroll says in the press conference before jumping to conclusions.

As if he'll sit there in Liverpool clothing and tell the world's media that he didn't want to move there.

Yet he'll text somebody saying he didn't want to move, and tell him he can hand it over to the media apparently ???

Dark forces at work.

rubbish then aswell

And why didn't NUFC (at the appropriate level) issue a statement confirming he wasn't for sale instead of undermining the fucknut they'd just given a 5.5 year contract to manage, who quite clearly didn't have a fucking clue all window?

SWP, N'Zogbia, Puncheon - really, honestly?

Give me strength.

My personal view is Carroll wanted to go, simple as. I though I'd be more hurt than I am, but it was inevitable at some stage to be honest.

Carroll will come out with some tosh about being forced into it to save face. He/his advisors know Ashley is hated so the fan are likely to buy into any suggests he was forced. I know people like to think 'dark forces' are at work and the those who don't buy into them are naive but I think his head was turned by Liverpool, simple as that.

What we need to do now is solidier on until the summer because no matter what you say about the circumstances surrounding the transfer it was awful timing on our part. The issue if we achieve that objective will we reinvest the money? That will show us how ambitious Ashley is, unfortuately I trust him as far as I could throw him.

Ashley is simply buying and selling assets, as rich folk do. He's selling the asset at its peak value. If he wants to make more money, he will have to invest it back, or at least a fair chunk of it at once (we can get 2 or 3 players to improve us with 30m. Fingers crossed thats his plan otherwise we're fucked.

So basically I reckon AC wasn't pushed out as much as he was tempted into the move by all parties concerned including our very own directors. "Famous club, Number 9, Luis Suarez, oh and 3x what you're on now"

My personal view is Carroll wanted to go, simple as. I though I'd be more hurt than I am, but it was inevitable at some stage to be honest.

Carroll will come out with some tosh about being forced into it to save face. He/his advisors know Ashley is hated so the fan are likely to buy into any suggests he was forced. I know people like to think 'dark forces' are at work and the those who don't buy into them are naive but I think his head was turned by Liverpool, simple as that.

What we need to do now is solidier on until the summer because no matter what you say about the circumstances surrounding the transfer it was awful timing on our part. The issue if we achieve that objective will we reinvest the money? That will show us how ambitious Ashley is, unfortuately I trust him as far as I could throw him.

But he could have gone with dignity and need not have put in the request...Ashley was never going to turn down 35m.

But he could have gone with dignity and need not have put in the request...Ashley was never going to turn down 35m.

unless they did turn down the 35mill (unlikely) and carroll thought enough is enough i'm in big cash here.