Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

If I was in charge I'd probably go with something like: (Which is why it's probably good I'm not in charge. :lol:)

Krul/Forster

Santon (loan)/Simpson      Sakho/Willo        Colo/Taylor        Enrique/Angel

Ben Arfa/Barton  Piatti/Nolan      Tiote/Skjelbred Dempsey/Jonas

Traore/Wickham    Altidore (loan)/Ameobi (like he's ever leaving)

Piatti is a winger, man, :lol:

tbh, I  purposedly did not go with players I'd only heard of in FM. :lol: These are players I've seen in actual real life matches that I think could be attainable, fit the youth policy and potentially improve the squad. :lol:

If I was in charge I'd probably go with something like: (Which is why it's probably good I'm not in charge. :lol:)

Krul/Forster

Him in CM in the Prem :lol:

He can play there on FM though.

signed this fella on fifa 11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balázs_Dzsudzsák

meant I could drop Jonas.  Paid £14m on fifa, which obviously is the closest thing to real life valuations (I sold James Perch for £5m so this wasn't a made up figure) so I reckon we could do likewise.  His name is also utterly baffling.  That wiki also says he's shoved Mike Dean before.  The guy sounds like a hero.

Krul/Forster

Santon (loan)/Simpson      Sakho/Willo        Colo/Taylor        Enrique/Angel

Ben Arfa/Barton   Piatti/Nolan      Tiote/Skjelbred Dempsey/Jonas

Traore/Wickham    Altidore (loan)/Ameobi (like he's ever leaving)

I'm thinking more of in the hole, no? :lol:

I was more just listing eight midfielders rather than thinking positions by the way. :lol:

tbh, I  purposedly did not go with players I'd only heard of in FM. :lol: These are players I've seen in actual real life matches that I think could be attainable, fit the youth policy and potentially improve the squad. :lol:

:lol: You deplorable fucking liar.

Krul/Forster

Him in CM in the Prem :lol:

He can play there on FM though.

I have seen toddlers with more physical presence than him :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Tiote and Enrique will probably go, and I'll cry.

I've been thinking all day about the level of striker we could attract, and can't think of one worthy of Andy Carroll for the type of aerial ability he has, and which our entire tactics are still based around.

tbh, I  purposedly did not go with players I'd only heard of in FM. :lol: These are players I've seen in actual real life matches that I think could be attainable, fit the youth policy and potentially improve the squad. :lol:

I've only had Skjelbred, Dempsey, Altidore and Sakho in any FM teams, man. :lol:

Thinking about it, I may have had Piatti in FM 08. I can't recall properly. :lol:

I think my list is more realistic than Kaizero's.

Krul/Forster

Cha Du-ri/Simpson      Lee Jung-Su/Willo        Colo/Taylor        Enrique/Hong Chul

Ben Arfa/Barton  Koo Ja-Chul/Nolan      Tiote/Lee Yong-Rae Lee Chung-Yong/Jonas

Park Chu-Young/Ji Dong-Won  Son Heung-Min (loan)/Ameobi (like he's ever leaving)

I've only had Skjelbred, Dempsey, Altidore and Sakho in any FM teams, man. :lol:

Thinking about it, I may have had Piatti in FM 08. I can't recall properly. :lol:

:lol: Absolute bollocks. You have FM open right now and FIFA running with the Ethernet cord pulled out.

I know a "Search by age" post when I fucking see it.

I think my list is more realistic than Kaizero's.

Krul/Forster

Cha Du-ri/Simpson      Lee Jung-Su/Willo        Colo/Taylor        Enrique/Hong Chul

Ben Arfa/Barton  Koo Ja-Chul/Nolan      Tiote/Lee Yong-Rae Lee Chung-Yong/Jonas

Park Chu-Young/Ji Dong-Won  Son Heung-Min (loan)/Ameobi (like he's ever leaving)

Hell yeah, let's just go all Korean.

tbh, I  purposedly did not go with players I'd only heard of in FM. :lol: These are players I've seen in actual real life matches that I think could be attainable, fit the youth policy and potentially improve the squad. :lol:

:lol: Absolute bollocks. You have FM open right now and FIFA running with the Ethernet cord pulled out.

I know a "Search by age" post when I fucking see it.

That is so not a search by age post, I'm amazed you've not heard or seen enough of those players in real life to not think outside FM ffs. Some of the brightest REAL LIFE talents there, and Altidore. :lol:

Tiote and Enrique will probably go, and I'll cry.

I've been thinking all day about the level of striker we could attract, and can't think of one worthy of Andy Carroll for the type of aerial ability he has, and which our entire tactics are still based around.

Cometh the hour, cometh the Shola. 

But it's 35 million.  You can't turn that down.  Every player has his price, even if it totally destroys the way the team plays...it's SILLY MONEY.  Think of all the ways you could spend it.  All the permutations of exotic South American strikers, Ligue 1 top scorers, etc.  In a way, the speculation is better than the football.

If it was up to me

Dempsey (6m?)

Robert Lewandowski (6m?)

A solid right back ~5m

N´Zogbia 10m

New GK (not convinced by Krul)

Lewandowski

Arfa          Nolan/Dempsey

Zogman               Tiote                 Barton

Enrique       Williamson  Coloccini    New RB

New GK