Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest Flatline

..............................Forster

Simpson...Williamson...Coloccini...Enrigue

.......................Barton...Tiote

.........N'Zogbia.....Ben Arfa.....Ireland

............................Sow

How good would this team be if we could keep everyone fit?

Is 7th a realistic target?

With both Sow and Ireland delivering 10-15 goals each, sure.

Question is: will they?

I doubt we'll sign any English players this summer tbh.

yeah i agreed with that bit, i can't see us signing English and if that means we don't get Carlton Cole i'd be delighted!  I just have my doubts that we'll be the first team to dive into the transfer market and bring in two players quickly.

Walker hasn't impressed me defensively. Huge liability. Going forward, sure, but if he can't defend why not just stick him on the right of midfield? Got time on his side to establish his position, like.

See Johnson, Glen.

Walker hasn't impressed me defensively. Huge liability. Going forward, sure, but if he can't defend why not just stick him on the right of midfield? Got time on his side to establish his position, like.

See Johnson, Glen.

Took the average footballer... - no, I'll stick with name - right out of my mouth.

Can't help but think Shane Long is worth a punt! He's only 24/25 with 25 goals in the Championship. Amazing return. He would have probably got more in our side as well. Certainly think he is worth a go. Wouldn't be a starter for me, but great type of player to have!

would love this signing but his price will be quite high and even higher if they get promoted

has his failings but is very mobile,holds up the ball well and never gives up

Defoe says he wants first team football, him and Demba Ba as our new strikeforce?

:kasper:

We could construct a better strikeforce with the players we have now, if they were fit.

Yes, of course we could. You won't name them though, because they're just in your head.

Defoe is better than all of our strikers, full stop.

Guest kingdawson

He's a good player and we're in need of an attacking rb to compete with Corluka. Redknapp rates him highly anyway so theres no chance he's going anywhere (Hutton on the other hand you or Newcastle can have).

Guest kingdawson

Defoe says he wants first team football, him and Demba Ba as our new strikeforce?

We could construct a better strikeforce with the players we have now, if they were fit.

You always go overboard.

Yes, of course we could. You won't name them though, because they're just in your head.

I'd rather have Best and Ben Arfa leading the attack than Jermain Defore and Demba Ba any day of the week.

I suppose i've also dreamt up the fact that Defoe's managed a pitiful 4 goals this season in a team superior to ours. Time to do your research before spouting the same old rubbish.

I'd rather have Best and Ben Arfa leading the attack than Jermain Defore and Demba Ba any day of the week.

I suppose i've also dreamt up the fact that Defoe's managed a pitiful 4 goals this season in a team superior to ours. Time to do your research before spouting the same old rubbish.

:thup:

Defoe has been better than Best throughout previous seasons though. Would probably not be a bad buy if not more than 7.5-8 million considering his age. He's just had a bad season to be fair.

Are you saying you'd rather have Leon Best up front alongside HBA than Defoe?

I don't think that has been sugested (yet), but Defoe and Best are differant kinds of players, no doubt Defoe is the better striker, but is he big enough to lead the line by himself in our side?

I think he would go missing tbh.