Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Defoe would be extremely frustrating. Not only is he, imo, past his peak - his form has been up and down ever since he left the Hammers. He's had a couple of brilliant seasons - the season before this being one of them.

With the money we've got to spend and the alleged 'brilliant eyes' of our scouting team, it'd be a waste of an opportunity. It's the kind of signing i'd expect the likes of Souness to make.

If we're looking in this league for strikers, i'd make Sturridge the priority. But i'd imagine every man and his dog would be after him, and that's if Chelsea don't want to keep him. I can see them doing so, with the careers of Anelka and Drogba (32 and 33 respectively) meandering to a close. I wouldn't be greatly surprised to see Sturridge and Kakuta playing prominent roles next season.

So we should continue to look abroad, imo. That Sow has had a good season, hasn't he? Don't know much about him other than that he's mid-20s and is top scorer for the French Champions elect. That's the market we should be in.

It's alright, sure. But we're replacing Carroll and we've got money to do it. He'll be 29 at the start of next season and i cba seeing us shell out on players that are on the way down. If it was for an absolute bargain, i'd maybe consider it, but even then i'd be thinking "why's Redknapp letting him go for buttons?" a la Duff in 06.

Similar to Ireland. So many better options.

I fully expect the Carroll money to go towards fees and wages. I wouldn't want Defoe soaking up either of our budgets, whether he was 'second' striker or not. Just look elsewhere - it seems like a painfully unresearched move to go for the likes of him, as would have been the case under Souness/Roeder/Kinnear.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6939864,00.html

Reported Premier League target Balazs Dzsudzsak has revealed he could leave PSV in favour of a move abroad this summer.

The highly-rated Hungary winger has been linked with several English clubs including Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton, while sides in Spain are also thought to be chasing his signature.

It seemed Dzsudzsak had cleared up any speculation over his future earlier this year when he penned a new deal in Eindhoven to tie him to the club until 2015.

But the 24-year-old has now revealed he is ready to leave Holland in favour of an overseas adventure, and could be tempted by moves to England, Spain or Portugal.

''It's time for change'', Dzsudzsak told Hungarian newspaper Nemzeti Sport. ''It is quite possible that I will leave PSV this summer.

"I did not talk about it at first, because the Eredivisie was still ongoing.

"But now the season is over, I can say that I want to develop further. I don't know where yet. Spain, England or Portugal seem like attractive options.''

Dzsudzsak has enjoyed a breakthrough campaign in Eindhoven this season, scoring 21 goals in all competitions for the Dutch giants.

The left-winger, capped 35 times for Hungary, has notched up over 100 appearances for PSV since joining from native club Debreceni VSC in summer 2008.

Someone get Kadar on the phone to him.

Guest Heneage

Lovely at freekicks as well. He's a bit like a smaller more Hungarian less French version of N'zogbia.

Tottenham and Everton. AGAIN. :lol:

It's gonna be a loooooong summer.

It's just painful for us though. They know we have no money yet continue to tease us by suggesting we're looking at some decent players. Bastards.

Guest michaelfoster

for those who have mentioned Elmander earlier in the thread, according to Galatasary he has agreed in principle to sign for them