Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Are you saying you'd rather have Leon Best up front alongside HBA than Defoe?

No, i said i'd rather have Best and Ben Arfa up front than Defoe and Ba.

If you asked me, would I rather buy Defoe or stick with Best and give him a chance, i'd probably go with the latter. Defoe is past his best, would cost a bomb and probably deliver little.

There is no way we would get value for money on Defoe and I agree he is on the decline, but to say he is worse than Best, who is still unproven at this level is laughable.

Nobody said that though. :lol:

Defoe says he wants first team football, him and Demba Ba as our new strikeforce?

:kasper:

We could construct a better strikeforce with the players we have now, if they were fit.

Yes, of course we could. You won't name them though, because they're just in your head.

Defoe is better than all of our strikers, full stop.

I'd rather have Best and Ben Arfa leading the attack than Jermain Defore and Demba Ba any day of the week.

I suppose i've also dreamt up the fact that Defoe's managed a pitiful 4 goals this season in a team superior to ours. Time to do your research before spouting the same old rubbish.

Rather have Defoe and Best up front with HBA right behind slipping through balls into them all day long

I don't think Defoe has suddenly become a bad player, I would welcome him here for a modest fee. He's still one of the sharpest finishers I've seen.

Although we might be going for younger players.

This. Talk of Leon Best being fantastic all of a sudden? Granted, he scored a few, but if he is our main striker come September I will be worried.

I don't think Defoe has suddenly become a bad player, I would welcome him here for a modest fee. He's still one of the sharpest finishers I've seen.

This. Talk of Leon Best being fantastic all of a sudden? Granted, he scored a few, but if he is our main striker come September I will be worried.

Anyone would be worried, but Defoe hasn't looked worth it for a year and a half. There are better options out there.

Anyone would be worried, but Defoe hasn't looked worth it for a year and a half. There are better options out there.

Ahh I'm not debating that, what I am saying is that I would prefer Defoe over Best, just my opinion though.

Defoe is a good striker but not worth what Spurs would want for him. Also he'd also want an England internationals wages, so better than Best but not worth the price.

Can't see Demba Ba going for cheap either, West Ham bought him for around 7 million apparently. Not sure if he's worth a gamble with his possible dodgy knee.

And so we should be. No good buying overhyped players on the way down. We've done it too many times before.

And so we should be. No good buying overhyped players on the way down. We've done it too many times before.

I agree, I hope we sign younger players with more potential too. All I'm saying is I wouldn't hate us signing Defoe is the fee was small enough.