Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Jelle Vossen (Genk) and Bjorn Vleminckx (NEC) are both pretty realistic - young, prolific in their respective leagues and relatively cheap.

I reckon these are the kind of players we'll be looking at. Both have been linked with moves to the Premier League already.

I still think we should look at the likes of Sturridge, Obinna and Brunt as well.

If WBA go down than we should definitely take a look at Brunt.

I find it hard to see Sturridge coming this way as he said these days that he wants to stay at Chelsea but doesn't mind being loaned out.

Obinna feels like a hit and miss, we'll see how that develops during the season.

Think that's the most likely scenario, we'll try and get some bargains from the relegated sides, if we survive that is.

Potentially Rodallega, Zog, Fletcher, Collison. But i'm sure we'll end up with C Cole, Boa Morte and Caldwell instead

Guest palnese

Kara Mbodj

You watching Copa del Sol? :lol:

Kayke Rodriguez was the better player for them last year, shame they couldn't afford to keep him.

:lol:

Aye, that Rodriguez fella was quite good. He went to Denmark or something like that. Sweden?  :lol:

I think Kara will turn out to be a decent player though. Too good for the Norwegian league IMO.

Van Wolfswinkel

http://www.topnews.in/files/mercedes-sprinter-van.jpg

http://7art-screensavers.com/screenshots/Angry_Wolves/2-howling-wolves.jpg

http://www.carolscornwall.com/On%20the%20Beach/Mollusc-Edible%20Winkle12-03-09.jpg

All efforts need to be concentrated on getting 2 quality strikers and a back up for them. Every other position is secondary and secondary by a country mile. I'm still completely gob smacked that we failed to even get a loan deal for a striker or take a cheap gamble. Pardew should have pinned Ashley to the wall to get someone in once it was clear AC was on his way.

All efforts need to be concentrated on getting 2 quality strikers and a back up for them. Every other position is secondary and secondary by a country mile. I'm still completely gob smacked that we failed to even get a loan deal for a striker or take a cheap gamble. Pardew should have pinned Ashley to the wall to get someone in once it was clear AC was on his way.

Pardew said in an interview that they tried but they were being qouted crazy prices. That's not too hard to believe given how intense the media was on the fact Andy Carroll was being sold for £35m. Clubs know we had money to burn and we were desperate.

Rodallega and Collison? No thanks.

They're both better than what we've got, but i suppose thats not saying much. JC would be a good squad player, better than all our  current CMs except Tiote (and Ireland). And considering the type of fees and wages we'll be paying i can't see much better out there

Pardew said in an interview that they tried but they were being qouted crazy prices. That's not too hard to believe given how intense the media was on the fact Andy Carroll was being sold for £35m. Clubs know we had money to burn and we were desperate.

Even more reason to have had something tied up before the last fucking day then.

Possibly, but as someone mentioned earlier, all the top sides are sorted for strikers, and if they get relegated he'll be one of the first ones away, probably for a fraction of what he's worth now, which i reckon is exactly the type of signing we'll be trying to make

Can't help but think that Vela won't make it at Arsenal becasue i dont think he fits into the formation they like to play (a formation i'd like to see us play).  Would also have a look at Sturridge, Weiss, N'Zogbia and Bassong.

I know, I know.

Guest MrSundlofer

Realistic Transfer Targets

Victor Obinna [inter / West Ham]

Free transfer? Contract expires?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/17/article-0-0BF0EDBF000005DC-918_468x344.jpg

Henri Lansbury [Arsenal]

£3M-£4M ? / Loan

http://beemoq.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Henri-Lansbury.jpg

Michael Mancienne [Chelsea]

£3M-£4M ? / Loan

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/m4/feb2009/1/8/Image_3_for_Chelsea_1_0_Juventus_gallery_658946380.jpg

Guest Nikos34

Realistic targets?

Christopher Samba (Blackburn)

Madjid Bougherra (Rangers)

Gretar Rafn Steinsson (Bolton)

Arthur Boka (Stuttgart) - Has always looked class when I've seen him play and being Ivorian, surely Tiote could tap him up.

Graham Dorrans (West Brom)

Chris Brunt (West Brom)

Michael Carrick (Man Utd) - Finally come to play for us? Apparently shite now?

Victor Obinna (West Ham on loan from Inter)

Daniel Sturridge (Bolton on loan from Chelsea)

Kevin Doyle (Wolves)

The 35m however, Pardew may never see.

I can see Colo, Jose, Tiote and Jonas being given the Carroll treatment by their agents.

And I don't think Ashley has grasped that if you sell your best players you'll go down. Either that or he is past caring, if he ever did that is!

We'll get some shit like Carlton Cole... and we'll spend under £10m.

and I can see Jose leaving in the summer, doesn't sound as if his contract is getting signed any time soon and a lot of clubs will be ready to take him.

We'll get some s*** like Carlton Cole... and we'll spend under £10m.

and I can see Jose leaving in the summer, doesn't sound as if his contract is getting signed any time soon and a lot of clubs will be ready to take him.

West Ham won't sell Carlton Cole for less than £10m irrespective of which league they're playing.