Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Sounds like Onuoha is out of favour at Man City.  Would be tempted to get him as cover at CB and RB, or even pushing for a first team spot.

Would still like to see this happen. 2 weeks to go and hes still not gone anywhere, and I doubt hes gonna get near the city first team - could get him on a season long loan. Would mean Ashley wouldnt even have to suffer the pain of actually paying a fee for someone, in fact there could even be a possibility that City might contribute to his wages 

Sounds like Onuoha is out of favour at Man City.  Would be tempted to get him as cover at CB and RB, or even pushing for a first team spot.

Would still like to see this happen. 2 weeks to go and hes still not gone anywhere, and I doubt hes gonna get near the city first team - could get him on a season long loan. Would mean Ashley wouldnt even have to suffer the pain of actually paying a fee for someone, in fact there could even be a possibility that City might contribute to his wages 

Am I being a complete div here, but don`t we only have 3 CB registered right now? I totally refuse to believe Perch is our 4th choice. Onuoha would be decent imo. Would push Simpson and Taylor/Willo for CB too. Not sure how high his wages would be though and I am not convinced he would come to potentially just sit on the bench.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. It would make no sense for the club to give him a name, only in order to say we turned the player down. Total non story.

So, replace Enrique with Chissoko and a last minute loan for Sturridge with option to buy, maybe a fringe player during the window. Would that be bums on the seats signing for us?

Sturridge is not a realistic option - not only for us, but probably every other team in the world. Think after his preseason he's become a serious part of AVB's plans.

Guest teepee

if anelka wants to leave, we should give it a shot.

even if it isn't totally realistic, i think there is a chance. he just wants to play and be the main man. fantastic striker with several seasons in him still

Guest johnson293

Advanced talks between Park Chu-Young and Lille break down.

Oh come on you cunts, please just sign him.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16082011/58/ligue-1-lille-move-monaco-park.html

Park, 26, is available following Monaco’s relegation to Ligue 2 but there is a huge discrepancy in the asking price and what Lille want to offer: the Monagesque club are demanding close to 6m euros, with Lille reportedly unwilling to pay more than a third of that amount.

Lille’s refusal to meet what seems a fair asking price for a player who scored 11 league goals last season is understood to be due to concerns over his military status: Park is reportedly required to complete his national service in two-and-a-half years.

Guest Heneage

Lucas Biglia was being hawked round for €4.5m in January with Galatasary coming close to getting him. I think for that price offset by selling Guthrie and Smith just evaporating he'd be attainable.

Guest CheickMansour

Lucas Biglia was being hawked round for €4.5m in January with Galatasary coming close to getting him. I think for that price offset by selling Guthrie and Smith just evaporating he'd be attainable.

Would be a fantastic signing. Surprised he's available, though, being captain and all.