Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

what about nicky maynard? i have not really seen him play much and know about his knee. but his goal to game record is really good. i do think we need some one good though not just a side way move. i still think we could give leon best a real chance. 10 starts 6 goals

i've seen nicky maynard a few times and he seems like a very good player. Seems he would fit the bill as the pacy front man with finishing ability which we dont currently have

One player who I think is definitely attainable is Paraguay`s Nelson Valdez (relegated with Hercules)....not exactly a prolific goalscorer but a real workhorse, pace, power, could handle the Prem league and would play well with Ba up front IMO. For 4m euros he should be snapped up.....or try to sneak in a swap with Xisco even.

hmm.... Klaas Jan Huntelaar? Actually he hasn`t been so successful at Schalke since he signed (he is 3rd or 4th choice behind Raul / Farfan and Edu). Cost big money but not made the impact.

Also like the look of Paolo Guerrero of Hamburg but again not sure if we`d be able to get him (or interested for that matter).

He is absolutely shit, a latino Shola. No coincidence that Dortmund became a world class team the minute he left (he averaged a goal every 7 league games for them), the most wasteful striker I´ve ever seen.

edit: fixed the goal/game ratio

I know it looks like we've got Pieters wrapped up but wondering why we didn't have van aanholt on loan again as a backup plan as well.  Anyone know if he is close to getting into Chelseas first team?

I know it looks like we've got Pieters wrapped up but wondering why we didn't have van aanholt on loan again as a backup plan as well.  Anyone know if he is close to getting into Chelseas first team?

Pretty close to being first choice behind Cole I think. Certainly got some playing time preseason.

Said it before, will repeat it again.

Mohammed Abdellaoue - Hannover.

Would love that, but can't see it happening. He wouldn't cost a fortune though.

Does anybody else think Ashley is recouping all the money he can from players he doesn't want at the club (such as Xisco and Barton) before he knows how much he has to spend on a striker?

Expecting a lot of replies of "No, he's a greedy bastard pocketing as much as he can from the sales"

Does anybody else think Ashley is recouping all the money he can from players he doesn't want at the club (such as Xisco and Barton) before he knows how much he has to spend on a striker?

Expecting a lot of replies of "No, he's a greedy b****** pocketing as much as he can from the sales"

No I think the majoirty of the targets we had have moved elsewhere or decided to stay put. I think they are exploring other options now but rather than rush in we are actually scouting players which in itself is not a bad thing IMO. I would rather get players in our scouts like than spunk 9m or 6m on players like Luque and Xisco.

I fully respect the club's decision to take their time on buying a striker instead of plunking 10m on Jermaine Defoe or something, given that all of our initial targets have told us to fuck off.

The left back situation is less commendable.

Expecting a lot of replies of "No, he's a greedy bastard pocketing as much as he can from the sales"

I'm actually more confident since the sales of Enrique and Routledge that we'll sign a striker. We've freed up a couple of squad places and that increases the chances of replacements.

I fully respect the club's decision to take their time on buying a striker instead of plunking 10m on Jermaine Defoe or something, given that all of our initial targets have told us to f*** off.

The left back situation is less commendable.

Well we have no cover but to be fair to the club we went for the Swansea lad earlier in the summer who signed a new contact, plus we were linked with the french lad and now this lad from Holland.

We have to remember we are dealing with humans and they too have a say.

In Newcastle's case they would have hoped to have the Swansea lad in the squad by now but it did not come off (and again I would not have wanted them to rush in a buy someone else without doing their homework).

Pretty close to being first choice behind Cole I think. Certainly got some playing time preseason.

What about Bertrand?

Guest Wally_McFool

"No, he's a greedy bastard pocketing as much as he can from the sales"

Agree with this, Moa has become a great player. Even though it hurts to want a søpla(Vålerengen) player , I bet he would flourish in our team.

Agree with this, Moa has become a great player. Even though it hurts to want a søpla(Vålerengen) player , I bet he would flourish in our team.

Depend on the price. He seems like a good player