Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Well, we need a bare-ass minimum of three players (striker, replacements for Barton and Enrique) now and I'd prefer that we add a defender of some sort to that.

Optimistic idiot that I am, it's hard for me to imagine us signing four player in a month.

Doesn't look like you're signing old players, but there is a list of free transfers in Marca today, with some decent names:

Vicente

M. Diarra

Hargreaves

Legrottaglie

Tamudo

Asier Del Horno

Oleguer

Jarosik

Could do worse than Diarra if you need cover for Tiote. Some other experienced backups in that list.

Guest CheickMansour

Doesn't look like you're signing old players, but there is a list of free transfers in Marca today, with some decent names:

Vicente

M. Diarra

Hargreaves

Legrottaglie

Tamudo

Asier Del Horno

Oleguer

Jarosik

Could do worse than Diarra if you need cover for Tiote. Some other experienced backups in that list.

Do you know how Nelson Valdez did last season? According to wiki, he has a 5m euro buyout clause. Might be realistic since he plays for a relegated side...

Vicente

M. Diarra

Hargreaves

Legrottaglie

Tamudo

Asier Del Horno

Oleguer

Jarosik

We don't have the £10m required to buy any of those players

Vicente

M. Diarra

Hargreaves

Legrottaglie

Tamudo

Asier Del Horno

Oleguer

Jarosik

Do you know how Nelson Valdez did last season? According to wiki, he has a 5m euro buyout clause. Might be realistic since he plays for a relegated side...

He did pretty well, but he's not a prolific striker, more of a support player.

The money from Enrique and Routledge "should" be used on M'Bengue and Nathan Clyne, and the rest "should" be used on a winger a striker and a CB! Should should should should..

:sadnod:

I see that the Daily Mail are reporting that the mackems have some sort of "interest" in Adam Johnson with a possible loan deal on the cards.

If this rumour has any substance, then we should probably try and bring the lad in on loan (unlikely with wages being a stumbling block).

I see that the Daily Mail are reporting that the mackems have some sort of "interest" in Adam Johnson with a possible loan deal on the cards.

If this rumour has any substance, then we should probably try and bring the lad in on loan (unlikely with wages being a stumbling block).

I was browsing blue moon the other day and City fans were saying they don't want Johnson anywhere near their first team.

If we were anyway serious about brining players in we should be straight in with a bid, especially after the whole Zog saga.  He clearly won't fit in to City's long term plans.

If we were anyway serious about brining players in we should be straight in with a bid, especially after the whole Zog saga.  He clearly won't fit in to City's long term plans.

I was browsing blue moon the other day and City fans were saying they don't want Johnson anywhere near their first team.

Definitely. But then again, if the N'Zogbia saga is anything to go by, we'll just put a low bid in. Once that's rejected, Pardew will say, "oh well, we tried!"

A loan deal would suit both parties I reckon (with City paying some of his wages?)