Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

If this keeps going he's gonna end up just coming back and "signing" for a national service team.

This is probably a very ignorant post, but why doesn´t he just never return to SK? Problem solved. He still has many years left making shitloads of money on football, and there´s probably loads of job opportunities after his footballing days are over other places than SK.

If this keeps going he's gonna end up just coming back and "signing" for a national service team.

is the whole military service the main barrier to  other clubs` reluctance to  signing him? You can delay national military service until maximum 36 years of age in Korea from what I`ve been told.

Lets just face the fact - we need Carroll back. So lets do what Spurs did whith Keane. Sell the player to Liverpool for a monster sum. Then buy him back half a season later for half of the sum.  All good!

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Lets just face the fact - we need Carroll back. So lets do what Spurs did whith Keane. Sell the player to Liverpool for a monster sum. Then buy him back half a season later for half of the sum.  All good!

I know few Liverpool fans on another forum, who are starting to think that Carroll just isn't right for their setup now. They've seen how they play better football without him, though they're still willing to give him time and find a pattern of play with the rest of the team. I had to explain to him that for 1 1/2 seasons Newcastle played almost exclusively to Carroll's strength, and while it wasn't the most attractive football in the world, at least it got the best out of Carroll (and Nolan).

Be interesting to see how it develops.

I know few Liverpool fans on another forum, who are starting to think that Carroll just isn't right for their setup now. They've seen how they play better football without him, though they're still willing to give him time and find a pattern of play with the rest of the team. I had to explain to him that for 1 1/2 seasons Newcastle played almost exclusively to Carroll's strength, and while it wasn't the most attractive football in the world, at least it got the best out of Carroll (and Nolan).

I think he fits into liverpools system quite well, they like to play 1 up top with playmakers behind, carroll is perfect to hold the ball up and help bring in those players into the game. He also thrives from good delivery and liverpool have that now.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

They take it to the extreme at the moment though with a lot of long balls. Whereas when he's not on the field that temptation is gone and they play better 'football'. Once they find the balance, it'll be interesting to see how the squad does with him up front.

I must admit I haven't watched Liverpool, only highlights. It will be interesting but you got to fancy Carroll getting close to 20 goals which for any team is a good thing. Plus they haven't got many other options other than to start Carroll. Anyway enough of that lol

At the top level, it's about movement - players pulling defenders out of position and other players running into the gaps. The top sides have mobile strikers who can fit into that pattern. Carroll is good at what he does, but his movement isn't great and he's more of a static pivot for the attack. As such, he's bound to limit the way they can play.

At that level, he's best used as an impact sub.

I said that when Liverpool signed him in the Parky Liverpool thread.

Still getting a feeling that we might go in for Park Chu-Young at some point in the next week. He's getting desperate, we're getting desperate: interests have to coincide at some point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Bo-Kyung

If we're selling Barton, this guy is another Korean we may want to look into. Decent little player on either wing. Turned down Brighton and is apparently being tracked by Stoke.