Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest Roger Kint

I would not want Spurs 6th choice CB back CB.

Not to mention they will no doubt want paying £9m+ knowing them. 

Let's not forget Bassong is one of the ones mentioned by Barton as being confronted by the senior players at the start of our promotion season. Can't see a healthy relationship there between him and some of our influential guys.

Let's not forget Bassong is one of the ones mentioned by Barton as being confronted by the senior players at the start of our promotion season. Can't see a healthy relationship there between him and some of our influential guys.

Our now 'influential guys' are the players that nobody wanted a year ago. Important point to remember, when you consider the animosity towards players like Bassong who would have been wanted elsewhere.

Oh no argument there. I don't make this batch out to be martyrs that stayed for more than their own personal reasons. It would be naive to think otherwise for quite a few of them. And no personal animosity towards Bassong, he was a young player who had offers from a team pushing Europe on a shitload more money than the starting wages he was given here.

But it was just a thought that if he was one of the ones mentioned by Barton, would he be welcomed back by the rest of the team? Who, no matter what means caused it, are our influential players right now, whether we like it or not.

This is my main objection basically, and also the reason that Bassong returning will never happen.