Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest dover

Stephen Warnock? would be a solid squad player and cheap. Shay Given back from Citeh? Usually Im against bringing players back , but in Shay youve got at least 6 points a season imo, hasnt settled and fee should be reasonable..

Warnock is shite now. Wouldn't take Shay back. If Blackburn went down Hoilett would be good, don't think they will though,rather have Jarvis though and I think Wolves will go down.

Warnock is s**** now. Wouldn't take Shay back. If Blackburn went down Hoilett would be good, don't think they will though,rather have Jarvis though and I think Wolves will go down.

I went off Jarvis completely at the weekend when I watched Tony Hibbert have him in his pocket for 90mins.

If we're going to play the lone striker with HBA in the free role, then someone like Kevin Doyle might be worth a punt if Wolves go down.  Shane Long perhaps, been linked a lot recently.

Don't watch much SPL and it's hard to gauge quality of players up there, but I don't rate Bougherra at all.  Remember him coming across as a total wanker last time we were linked.

For those that do watch SPL what is Hooper like?  Seems to score all types of goals and scored a shitload for a very poor team in the Championship.  Still fairly young as well I think.

Hooper would be a huge risk. If you make a couple of quality signings as well as Hooper then it'd be understandable, but pinning your hopes on him to be a huge hit would be foolish.

Last game I saw Hooper play he was rubbish. If we were going for a backup striker from SPL I think it should be Goodwillie. The main consideration with him though is that he is a rapist. Can't see why he wouldn't fit in though?

Hooper would be a huge risk. If you make a couple of quality signings as well as Hooper then it'd be understandable, but pinning your hopes on him to be a huge hit would be foolish.

Only seen him a few times and seen his goals and he looks half decent.  However Samaras did ok in that league for a while!

Guest WashyGeordie

who would pay 14m for defoe such a limited player and doesn't have enough of a knack for goal imho to make up for those limitations

Wey Bent went for £18mil so...

I'd rather live on Best and Shola than getting Doyle or Long here.

We need to either sign quality players or stick to them weve got.

No point in signing mediocre players.