Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Mubarak Wakaso from Villarreal is a young DM whom i think could have a bright future. Looks talented and athletic. Only 20 i think.

Was terrible against Porto even if only played 30 minutes or so. Terrible first touch, looked clueless in the middle of the park.

Guest CaPiTaL cHaP

Mubarak Wakaso from Villarreal is a young DM whom i think could have a bright future. Looks talented and athletic. Only 20 i think.

Was terrible against Porto even if only played 30 minutes or so. Terrible first touch, looked clueless in the middle of the park.

Which Villarreal player looked good against Porto in the 2nd half? As for him having a terrible 1st touch, what utter bollocks.

Anyway, he's 20, i reckon he could become a good player.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Would love odemwingie. realistic or not.

This

Would cost a fortune though.

Depending on who goes down, I can see thefollowing:

Moses from Wigan.............2 million

Puncheon from Southampton..............2 million

Mendes from Denmark...............free

Larsson from Birmingham..............free

Elmander from Bolton................free

Ireland from Villa...........season long loan

and a couple of cheapish signings from the lower leagues

Out thedoor......................Campbell, Enrique, Barton, Kuqi and Routledge

Pardew will have Lua Lua, Kadar back in the squad, Ferguson and Tavernier as cover at full back. Airey, Inman and Richardson to go out on loan. Ben Arfa and Gosling back in the squad and considered by the owner to be like new signings.

Result..............about 15 million income, 4 million outgoings

AND 40 MILLION PLUS OFF THE CLUB DEBT.

Next season result.........................a long fight against relegation,

Also, I wonder if the 30 million Ashley got up front for Carroll has already gone off the debt or whether he has banked it. If the latter, I wonder how much interest will have accrued on that little lot by the end of August!

Nothing like as much as the Corporation tax due on it if he doesn't either spend it or pay off some of the debt.

No tax as the club has huge losses to offset.

Guest Flatline

Should get

http://www.fansfc.com/UploadedImages/Players/Pablo%20Piatti_633827341453045000.jpg

off the basically relegated Almeira tbh.

decentlooking fella! ( no homo)

Guest MrSundlofer

Posted this in January. Still think we should look at some of these players.

We are probably looking for players in the leagues of Belgium, England, Holland, France and Spain.. So I did some (Internet) scouting.

Some realistic transfers targets:

ENGLAND

Charles N'Zogbia

Tom Cleverley

Christopher Samba

Steven N'Zonzi

Sanchez Watt

Joe Bennett

Ryan Bertrand

Connor Wickham

Jordan Clarke

Nathan Cameron

Nathaniel Clyne

FRANCE

Kevin Gameiro

Michaël Ciani

Youssef El-Arabi

Kevin Théophile-Catherine

Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik

Yacine Brahimi

Younès Belhanda

Anthony Modeste

HOLLAND

Björn Vleminckx

Ricky van Wolfswinkel

SPAIN

Álvaro Domínguez

Fran Mérida

Andreu Fontàs

Summary

This list includes backup players, squad players and first team players. The list is not 'the players I think' we should buy, it's just some players we probably should have on our radar.

MY TARGETS

I think Sol Campbell should be offered a coaching-role and join the staff team in the summer = Fabricio Coloccini, Mike Williamson and Steven Taylor = we need one more central defender. My choice: Michaël Ciani or Christopher Samba.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2555/ciani.png

Michaël Ciani

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/8989/sambae.png

Christopher Samba

I hope José Enrique stays and I think Danny Simpson will be first choice at right back next season = backups = Jordan Clarke and/or Nathaniel Clyne. If we decide to look at a full back in France, why not Jean-Armel Kana-Biyik?

Steven N'Zonzi is a tall defensive midfielder and highly regarded at Blackburn Rovers but he would be useful in our lineup playing away from home or when Tiote is injured or suspended.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/2411/nzonzi.png

Steven N'Zonzi

Youssef El-Arabi has been linked a few times now and I think he's exactly the type of player we should sign as an attacking player. He can play anywhere in midfield and as a striker.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/1940/elarabi.png

Youssef El-Arabi

Don't think Sanchez Watt will make the progress during the summer he needs to break into the Arsenal first team squad. He will probably be listed for loan. Maybe put in a bid?

It's very easy to say we should sign Kévin Gameiro, but should we? Does he fit our system? I think our priority is a big target man. I couldn't find anyone really. Connor Wickham is still very unexperienced and unproven in a top division league. I'm thinking about Björn Vleminckx or Ricky van Wolfswinkel. Both are interesting players.

What's the likelihood of Samba being available, and how has he done this season? They've been in a completely shite run of form since they sacked Allardyce - would he be worth a punt? Would definitely like a more imposing centre-half than Williamson who's a bit more composed, too. Samba looked a quality defender a couple years ago.

It said in the Sunday Sun that a striker, left back and central midfielder are our priorities, but I'd put a physical centre back number 3 in that list. It's becoming a weak spot.

Two strikers are a priority over every single other position.

It said in the Sunday Sun that a striker, left back and central midfielder are our priorities, but I'd put a physical centre back number 3 in that list. It's becoming a weak spot.

I think if we weren't blessed with such a good transfer budget, i wouldn't bother with centre-back this year. But having this money represents a huge chance to find a partner for Colo that can represent a long-term partnership. Williamson's alright, but let's face it - he wasn't even brought in to be the permanent partner for Coloccini. We needed a centre-back at the time cos Taylor was injured again. It just so happened that he turned out to be a complete steal and a great stop-gap for a couple of years. But he's got blindingly obvious faults that mean it's time to replace him.

I think if we weren't blessed with such a good transfer budget, i wouldn't bother with centre-back this year. But having this money represents a huge chance to find a partner for Colo that can represent a long-term partnership. Williamson's alright, but let's face it - he wasn't even brought in to be the permanent partner for Coloccini. We needed a centre-back at the time cos Taylor was injured again. It just so happened that he turned out to be a complete steal and a great stop-gap for a couple of years. But he's got blindingly obvious faults that mean it's time to replace him.

Definitely. This cash is a fantastic chance to strengthen the spine of the team and finding a great partner for Colo would improve us so much.

Guest MrSundlofer

We need two forwards. Lovenkrands HAS to go.

No. He has 1 year left on his contract and if he stays for next season = more depth in the squad, and that's what we need.

If we could get one class striker and one class CB, recall Routledge and couple of backups i'd be content.

I can see us going into next season with

Krul/Harper

Simpson - Colo - New - Enrique/New

Barton - Nolan - Tiote - Jonas

HBA

New