Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If we could get one class striker and one class CB, recall Routledge and couple of backups i'd be content.

I can see us going into next season with

Krul/Harper

Simpson - Colo - Williamson - Ferguson

Barton - Nolan - Gosing - Jonas

HBA

Best

Fyp.

Guest Heneage

http://www.prensalibre.cr/pl/images/stories/2009/julio/16/DEP2-2-BRYAN-RUIZ-2009.jpg

Don't think he's suited to England.

If we could get one class striker and one class CB, recall Routledge and couple of backups i'd be content.

I can see us going into next season with

Krul/Harper

Simpson - Colo - New - Enrique/New

Barton - Nolan - Tiote - Jonas

HBA

New

it's hard to single out anyone from that midfiled to go but none of them possesses good enough distribution to open teams up. only tiote for me should be automatic for next season.

Guest MrSundlofer

We "stole" Dan Gosling from Everton last summer. Can we steal another player? This time from Manchester City.

John Guidetti

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/29/article-1382021-0BD7112200000578-199_468x286.jpg

As a Swede I have knowledge about this guy and he is highly rated, both in Sweden and in Manchester City. He is a striker, 185 cm tall and has an eye for goal. His personality is a bit special, I have written about him before on this forum... He has one focus: Football. His father is his private fitness coach and he often do a lot of training on his own after his training with the club.

The thing is his contract runs out this summer and he says he hasn't agreed a new deal with City yet, but they want him to stay. He is open to discuss with other clubs if the terms City offer is not good enough. He thinks he is ready  to fight for a first team place but is worried about the depth of strikers in the squad.

I wouldn't mind him here!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/EDS-v-Stockport-highlights

He scored 3 goals against Stockport. His second goal was a beauty.

We "stole" Dan Gosling from Everton last summer. Can we steal another player? This time from Manchester City.

John Guidetti

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/04/29/article-1382021-0BD7112200000578-199_468x286.jpg

As a Swede I have knowledge about this guy and he is highly rated, both in Sweden and in Manchester City. He is a striker, 185 cm tall and has an eye for goal. His personality is a bit special, I have written about him before on this forum... He has one focus: Football. His father is his private fitness coach and he often do a lot of training on his own after his training with the club.

The thing is his contract runs out this summer and he says he hasn't agreed a new deal with City yet, but they want him to stay. He is open to discuss with other clubs if the terms City offer is not good enough. He thinks he is ready  to fight for a first team place but is worried about the depth of strikers in the squad.

I wouldn't mind him here!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/Video/Match-highlights/EDS-v-Stockport-highlights

He scored 3 goals against Stockport. His second goal was a beauty.

Looks impressive, would we have to pay compensation if we poach him?

Talking of deals we need to Hijack...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1379569/Liverpool-Manchester-United-Arsenal-target-Jeremy-Menez-set-leave-Roma.html

Roma midfielder Jeremy Menez  is set to end his three-year stay at the Stadio Olimpico with Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal all rumoured to be tracking the French international.

Menez was a victim of vandalism from his own club’s notorious Ultras fans, who  targeted his car in a terrifying rock attack following the club's 1-0 home defeat to Inter in the first leg of the Italian Cup.

Fallout: Menez has fallen foul with Roma coach Montella and the club's fans

Unsettled midfielder Menez, 23, had a furious bust up with coach Vincenzo Montella which is believed to have sparked the violent scenes as the winger left the stadium in his car in the aftermath of the home loss.

The attack left the windscreen of his car shattered and although Menez was uninjured, he reported it to the police who are investigating.

Should Menez leave the club in the summer, Roma are expected to demand £10 million for his services and the winger has fuelled his exit by admitting,

'My departure is possible. I have been playing here for three years, but in order to do well I have to feel people have confidence in me and that I’m important for the club.

'I haven’t been given anywhere near as much help as others here. I want them to understand that Roma will regret their decisions down the line.'

Italian media are reporting the Arsene Wenger is willing to offer Roma Abu Diaby in exchange for Menez, whilst Damien Comolli has also expressed an interest along with Sir Alex Ferguson.

Surely there's an appeal in a Ben Arfa, Menez, Gameiro attacking set up. I can dream ..

Krul

New New Colo Ferguson

New New Tiote HBA

New  New

So, you'd buy us 6 new players for the starting XI yet would play Ben Arfa on the wing and Ferguson - an unproven teenager - at left back?

And I always thought there weren't worse football people out there than Llambias/Ashley. :lol:

We need to make a serious attempt at signing players such as

Sturridge, Gervinho, Gameiro, El Arabi, Seb Larsson, Samba, Douglas, at least make an attempt.

I'd also look at N'Zogbia but that's just me.

Can we really afford to put Smith(50k) and Taylors(50k & 30k) on the bench? Sell all if possible(if not give them for free). Those 3 guys alone would make 3 times a stadard Championship league level team total wage budget and they're not even playing for us...some waste of money indeed!

We should go for young players who are in key role at their current clubs at lower level leagues such as Portugal, Romania, Czech etc and. That's the way to go for Ashley IMO

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Can we really afford to put Smith(50k) and Taylors(50k & 30k) on the bench? Sell all if possible(if not give them for free). Those 3 guys alone would make 3 times a stadard Championship league level team total wage budget and they're not even playing for us...some waste of money indeed!

We should go for young players who are in key role at their current clubs at lower level leagues such as Portugal, Romania, Czech etc and. That's the way to go for Ashley IMO

'Give them for free' to who?!

Guest Heneage

Larsson is a possibility, but I can't see us signing anyone from these shores if they're not also on a free.

Good, the league is overpriced when selling between each other.