Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest Roger Kint

Porto listening to offers for Falcao, Rolando and Hulk this summer.

Wonder if they will listen to laughable offers too? £8m for Hulk?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Bothroyd, Larsson and Vaughan on Frees would be superb pieces of business to replace the likes of Lovenkrands, Guthrie and Routledge in the squad.

Not sure about Bothroyd, but agree with the rest.

How come?

They are a feeder club for the rest of Europe.

Surely since they won the league and could win the uefa cup they should be alright financially though and want to mount a proper champions league challenge?

Bothroyd, Larsson and Vaughan on Frees would be superb pieces of business to replace the likes of Lovenkrands, Guthrie and Routledge in the squad.

Not sure about Bothroyd, but agree with the rest.

worth a go on a free tbh

How come?

They are a feeder club for the rest of Europe.

Surely since they won the league and could win the uefa cup they should be alright financially though and want to mount a proper champions league challenge?

The arguement of so many of their fans ... The club is a cash cow for it's owners. Superb scouting system mind.

They're not at all comparable, man.

He's Swedish and so has an opinion on both players. Clearly he rates Guidetti and sees a 19 year old on a free as a good piece of business and as one for the future, while alternatively while he might rate Elmander he doesn't agree that we should be looking at him as our potential starting striker next season (along with the wages and signing on fees that would come with), and instead we should be looking elsewhere for younger possibly better players.

It's really not difficult to comprehend, or at least interpret his way of thinking.

Saved me some time that.

Basically, Guidetti has the potential to become a terrific player, his attitude is spot on and from what I've seen of him (youth level and his loan spell at Brommapojkarna), he looks very good.

Elmander had a good run of games earlier this season, but hasn't really set Reebok alight since signing, has he? Wikipedia says 18 goals in 90 games, hardly prolific, especially not when you consider that he's been there in the prime of his career. He's about to turn 30, and would probably cost at least three times the wages Guidetti would. No brainer, really.

It was the simplistic nature of 'OMG why would you rather THAT guy than THIS guy' despite the fact they're totally different players, at totally different stages of their career, would fulfill entirely different roles in a squad, would demand totally different wages etc etc

Bizarre comment that smacks of being needlessly defensive in favour of his team's player, when it wasn't even a dig at Elmander.

He's Swedish and so has an opinion on both players. Clearly he rates Guidetti and sees a 19 year old on a free as a good piece of business and as one for the future, while alternatively while he might rate Elmander he doesn't agree that we should be looking at him as our potential starting striker next season (along with the wages and signing on fees that would come with), and instead we should be looking elsewhere for younger possibly better players.

It's really not difficult to comprehend, or at least interpret his way of thinking.

Saved me some time that.

Basically, Guidetti has the potential to become a terrific player, his attitude is spot on and from what I've seen of him (youth level and his loan spell at Brommapojkarna), he looks very good.

Elmander had a good run of games earlier this season, but hasn't really set Reebok alight since signing, has he? Wikipedia says 18 goals in 90 games, hardly prolific, especially not when you consider that he's been there in the prime of his career. He's about to turn 30, and would probably cost at least three times the wages Guidetti would. No brainer, really.

Guidetti absolutely raped the Championship for me with Weston-super-Mare. Money grabbing prick ditched me at the end of his contract though. Wouldn't say he's worth it tbh.

Saved me some time that.

Guidetti absolutely raped the Championship for me with Weston-super-Mare. Money grabbing prick ditched me at the end of his contract though. Wouldn't say he's worth it tbh.

Oh fuck, didn't know that like. Let's get Elmander instead :thup:

I see the club are on the forum.

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/4296/capturezlr.png

Hi guys.

Hey Derek, Mike and Graham.

Also Mike, I bought some trainers from your silverlink branch but I've lost the receipt and the sole has seperated, can I still get a refund?  Or do I have to send them to the manufacturer?

REALISTIC TRANSFER TARGETS 2011 boys and girls - i mean the arshavin shit was understandable as we were all young and naive but come on?  we simply are NOT going to sign any of Europe's brightest talent

absolutely no reason why we shouldn't be able to, other than the ineptitude of the board, narrow mindedness of the manager and frugality of the owner. i suppose those are quite big obstacles mind you.

i guess what im saying is we should be able to and if we don't then those people are to blame.

Gervinho: "If I am leaving a club which will play in the Champions League, I will only go to one who is in the Champions League."

Tiote will change that soon enough :tiote: