Newcastle United 4 - 4 Arsenal - 05/02/11 - post match reaction from page 32

Nate

Guest palnese

What the f*** has happened?. I went to bed at half time thinking they are going to maul us and I was sick to death of trying to watch this s*** stream. Wake up and it's 4-4, f***ing hell what a second half it must have been. Absolutely delighted to wake up to something like this. Who were the goal scorers for us?.

We battered them and could've won it.

Barton scored twice from the penalty spot. Best and Tiote scored the other two.

I would loved to have seen Tiote scored. Was it the equalising goal?.

Aye, 87th minute wonderstrike.

What the f*** has happened?. I went to bed at half time thinking they are going to maul us and I was sick to death of trying to watch this s*** stream. Wake up and it's 4-4, f***ing hell what a second half it must have been. Absolutely delighted to wake up to something like this. Who were the goal scorers for us?.

Diaby sent off after 50 or so minutes.

Best won a pen, Barton scored it - about 20 minutes to go

Best had a goal wrongfully disallowed for offside

Best scored a goal - about 15 mins to go

Williamson won a pen, Barton scored it - about 7 mins to go

Tiote scored a 30 yard screamer on the volley - about 3 mins to go.

Fuck wish I had persevered with the shitty stream, fucking gutted.

Has anyone heard the real radio commentary highlights yet? "BOOM BOOM CHEICK CHEICK THE ROOM!" Absolutely outstanding :lol:

http://www.realradionortheast.co.uk/player/listen-again/kdfklf39/listen-9175/

Hahahaha, I'm listening to the highlights of 5-1 against the mackems off that same page and Lockwood says at 5-0:

This will hurt.  This will hurt.  This will hurt.  Technically this is a breach of human rights.  Somebody needs to call Amnesty International I think.  There must be a member of the European Union that has something to say.  This isn't a football match anymore, this is torture.

:lol: :lol: That is first class, Lockwood I salute you.

Brilliant. So proud of this team right now if they keep this spirit we will survive.

Did any one see the Arsenal fan get kicked out not long after our first goal ? In hindsight it was brilliant the way he arrogantly stuck four fingers up to those who were obviousely not happy with him being there. He must feel like shit now.

Didn't see this until this morning as we were staying at friends last night.

An unbelievable result esp against a side of Arsenal's calibre - the best ever come-back in PL history and done in 20 minutes.

We were actually on the wrong end of a similar scoreline in the old First Division back in 1985 under Jack Charlton. We were 0-4 ahead at QPR at half-time and Chris Waddle(I think)put us 0-5 ahead just after HT...QPR actually went on to draw the match 5-5 and JC was absolutely furious, so you can imagine how shell-shocked Wenger would feel.

Sometimes, you get an air of inevitability that the opposition are going to do you, no matter how well you have played - when England were 0-2 in front of W.Germany in Mexico in the WC, you just KNEW that we were going to lose after Beckenbauer scored a soft goal. The opposition suddenly get a lift and at SJP yesterday, a similar feeling must have crept over the Arsenal fans and players after the second Newcastle goal.....a bit like being tied to a railway line and a train coming - you know its going to get you but you can't do anything about it...!

Poor defending to concede the first goal so soon, and also, uncharacteristic bad defending from Enrique for the 3rd...Harper was in no way at fault for any of the goals.

Stupidity from Diaby started the riot for Arsenal, but there were no excuses as its often more difficult to play against 10 men.

Brilliant strike from Tiote for the equalizer - he has been badly missed ; a quality player.

Full credit to the team for pulling this off when they must have thought it was going to be a hammering at HT

Another crazy week in the life of the craziest of Football Clubs.....

Didn't think the 'foul' on Williamson was worth a penalty but we've earnt a bit of luck this season, givashit. Two very good penalties by Joey, btw, particularly the first. Cool as crisps.

Never tire of that equaliser, mind. What a fucking day. :)

Keep watching this and noticing new things.  This time the faint cries of "SHOOOOOOT" when it falls in front of Tiote.  99% of the time those cries are stupid and redundant, but not this time.  And the cries were definitely faint, because not a lot of people thought he could or would be able to even fucking attempt it. 

Just absolutely immense stuff.

I've never EVER celebrated a goal so much in all my life. What a second half. What a comeback. What a goal!

I missed the first 10 minutes, had a text from me brother, 'turn back now, 2-0 down', then heard the third go in as I was getting in the stadium.

The atmosphere in the second half was absolutely unbelievable. Where else in the country, make that the world, would you get practically everyone staying at the game when youre 4-0 down. A day to be proud of. I fucking love Cheik. And Joey. What a fucking man.

Another few observations:

- I don't think Nolan really pushed the keeper over, he just put his arm round him and he fell over.  The ref did well not to lose his head and not just send him off because it was a vaguely comparable incident to what had happened earlier on.

- The 'soft' penalty, the 2nd penalty... the linesman flagged for it so you can't really blame Dowd as such.

- I don't think Van Persie was offside at the end, I think he was level.  Therefore that's a goal that should have actually stood.

Great moment yesterday when after the second penalty, Nolan went round pumping his fists geeing up the players and fans. It's a bit cheesy but the roar from the crowd was absolutely unreal, you could see the Arsenal players wilting.

Great moment yesterday when after the second penalty, Nolan went round pumping his fists geeing up the players and fans. It's a bit cheesy but the roar from the crowd was absolutely unreal, you could see the Arsenal players wilting.

Loved seeing that. :aww:

Yesterday was incredible. I still can't believe it happened. :lol:

The look of the ref when nolan finally got the ball and the keeper fell over, priceless!! He was like, "wtf are you kids up to"

I like thes 3 posts from when the equalizer went in. :laugh:

111111UHI2EGPWFHBEIUFSA

fflfglkkgnkf;hghkftg;'xfkh'phkxfh]'pxfkhx;fohksf'ptohfthpitjh;stihsrtpjohifdthusryhsruis

!!!!!!!!!!!!!nwfberkgbgblergblrbeb$3tp743gtgirqibrg

Didn't see this until this morning as we were staying at friends last night.

An unbelievable result esp against a side of Arsenal's calibre - the best ever come-back in PL history and done in 20 minutes.

We were actually on the wrong end of a similar scoreline in the old First Division back in 1985 under Jack Charlton. We were 0-4 ahead at QPR at half-time and Chris Waddle(I think)put us 0-5 ahead just after HT...QPR actually went on to draw the match 5-5 and JC was absolutely furious, so you can imagine how shell-shocked Wenger would feel.

Sometimes, you get an air of inevitability that the opposition are going to do you, no matter how well you have played - when England were 0-2 in front of W.Germany in Mexico in the WC, you just KNEW that we were going to lose after Beckenbauer scored a soft goal. The opposition suddenly get a lift and at SJP yesterday, a similar feeling must have crept over the Arsenal fans and players after the second Newcastle goal.....a bit like being tied to a railway line and a train coming - you know its going to get you but you can't do anything about it...!

Poor defending to concede the first goal so soon, and also, uncharacteristic bad defending from Enrique for the 3rd...Harper was in no way at fault for any of the goals.

Stupidity from Diaby started the riot for Arsenal, but there were no excuses as its often more difficult to play against 10 men.

Brilliant strike from Tiote for the equalizer - he has been badly missed ; a quality player.

Full credit to the team for pulling this off when they must have thought it was going to be a hammering at HT

Another crazy week in the life of the craziest of Football Clubs.....

yeah that qpr game was mad.  actually 4-0  up at half time but they actually pulled it back to 4-3 before we thought we'd finished them by getting a fifth - but they went and got another 2 late goals to make it 5-5. closest to ever winning on an artificial pitch.