Leon Best

Godot

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2012/02/04/returning-given-is-set-for-a-warm-welcome-61634-30263751/

Newcastle striker Leon Best was said to have been close to an 11th-hour move to Celtic on deadline day, but Pardew explained: “Celtic made an inquiry.

“I spoke to Neil Lennon, but it did not go further than that.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/03/james-perch-why-i-m-loving-life-on-tyneside-72703-30257213/

“We saw it with Besty not wanting to go to Celtic – and I don’t see why he would. He’s playing at Newcastle in a good team.

I don't think he's been that bad, clearly out of position and unsure what to be doing. Looking forward to seeing him back up front again today.

Still needs one of those Olympic 50p coins though.

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Pardew's also hopeful Best's knee injury isn't serious. #nufc

24 seconds ago

@lee_ryder Lee Ryder

#nufc Best has suffered medial ligament AP: "We'll have to see"

37 seconds ago

:dontknow:

Hope his injury isn't too serious. We'll have to count on Shola as our third choice striker now (though as long as he's on the bench, then it's okay I guess).

Hope he gets back in time for the Euros (if Trappatoni considers him of course).

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew on the injuries to Ryan Taylor and Leon Best in his side's win over Aston Villa

"The good news for Ryan Taylor is that there is no break or fracture so we think he's going to be OK and there's big swelling on the leg. We're very pleased because he's been fantastic for us this year. For Leon best he's got a medial ligament problem which is usually a six-week injury."

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew on the injuries to Ryan Taylor and Leon Best in his side's win over Aston Villa

"The good news for Ryan Taylor is that there is no break or fracture so we think he's going to be OK and there's big swelling on the leg. We're very pleased because he's been fantastic for us this year. For Leon best he's got a medial ligament problem which is usually a six-week injury."

Ah, possibly out for 6 weeks then. Gutter but at least he's not out for the season.