Leon Best

Godot

So that's Smith Loven Best and probably Ranger

Left only with Ba Cisse and Shola

Need at least 2 new faces to cover AcoN

You're forgetting Xisco :pow:

In one years time we can all forget the cunt.  In fact I wonder what he'd take to fuck off right now?

Guest fraser

I can only think that the low fee is down to consideration of his injury record, £4m seems nearer the mark. He's a good player, his hat-trick against West Ham season before last shows what he is capable of, good team player season just gone and if Blackburn get promoted they have a ready-made for the Premier League. As I say I think the fee is on the low side if correctly reported.

Best of luck to him. Sad to seem him leave as I think he's been a decent player.

Saying that, I think if we are about to move on the higher placed in the PL, he should be one of our lads to leave.

We have 3 strikers left now. One is physically incapable of playing more than 20 minutes and another is capable of 70 minutes at best.

You realise the transfer window is still open yes?

Best of luck to him. Sad to seem him leave as I think he's been a decent player.

Saying that, I think if we are about to move on the higher placed in the PL, he should be one of our lads to leave.

We have 3 strikers left now. One is physically incapable of playing more than 20 minutes and another is capable of 70 minutes at best.

Fact is he's fourth choice striker, also I think you're exaggerating just a bit there aren't you? ;)

I must admit, while I personally think he's a good squad player for a club at our level and would have been happy to see him stay - I've always had the impression that for whatever reason Pardew didn't rate him all that much at all.

Agree with you (as almost always, of course :lol:)

Still think that we should get better back up strikers in than him (if we are to aim at higher targets).

I can only think that the low fee is down to consideration of his injury record, £4m seems nearer the mark. He's a good player, his hat-trick against West Ham season before last shows what he is capable of, good team player season just gone and if Blackburn get promoted they have a ready-made for the Premier League. As I say I think the fee is on the low side if correctly reported.

Over 3 million reported as such by Blackburn Rovers, which is decent considering he only has one year left on his deal.

Well we paid, what?, £1m for him?  He's decent, and underrated by some.  But he did want to leave with only one year left on his deal and he is fourth choice here, so that probably explains why its a bit over £3m rather then £4m.

Guest fraser

Over 3 million reported as such by Blackburn Rovers.

I think he's a snip at £3m or slightly more. Perhaps a sweetener for Hoillet (I hope).

I think he's a snip at £3m or slightly more. Perhaps a sweetener for Hoillet (I hope).

I really hope our days of offering sweeteners to clubs are over.

Especially when the player doesn't play for them anymore.

Agree with you (as almost always, of course :lol:)

:love:

Good luck to him. Always thought he was a decent player, and would have been more than happy going into next season with him in the squad.

That said, he was never going to be first-choice here if we're going to progress as we want to or even maintain last season's performances. I just hope we replace him with someone better, which won't be that easy if we're going to stick to a budget.

Guest fraser

Didn't realise he'd become a free-agent. Inexplicable then.

What is? Over 3 million pounds for a backup striker who's never really scored enough goals throughout his mainly non-Premiership career and is in the last year of his contract? Give over.

Guest fraser

What is? Over 3 million pounds for a backup striker who's never really scored enough goals throughout his mainly non-Premiership career and is in the last year of his contract? Give over.

Only in my opinion. Don't get worked up over it.

well technically he's not really a free agent because of his age, Blackburn are due compensation when he moves and quite a bit of it if he moves to an english club

Guest Howaythetoon

Good luck to the lad, he was a good servant for us and did a good job overall. That said I would have preffered it if we had of kept him as he has shown he's more than capable at this level. For the rumoured fee, the fact he had one year left on his deal and the probability that he wanted first-team football, coupled with the number of games he tends to miss with injuries, its probably a good deal all in all for everyone, however.