West Brom sack Di Matteo; appoint Woy

ponsaelius

Welcome Woy.

SSN: Contract until Summer 2012.

Call him 'Head Coach' too.

That'll probably be something to do with the fact they didn't properly 'sack' Di Matteo but rather placed him on gardening leave.

di matteo was head coach as well

He was.

It's because WBA have a director of football (or similar title) and he will be Woy's boss. 

Welcome Woy.

SSN: Contract until Summer 2012.

Call him 'Head Coach' too.

That'll probably be something to do with the fact they didn't properly 'sack' Di Matteo but rather placed him on gardening leave.

di matteo was head coach as well

He was.

It's because WBA have a director of football (or similar title) and he will be Woy's boss. 

Who is their DoF?

West Bromwich have more of a future in them than Fulham. Whether he'll have the opportunity to bring it out of them I don't know, but they've more gravitas as a club.

This quote is so unbelievably stupid.

West Bromwich have more of a future in them than Fulham. Whether he'll have the opportunity to bring it out of them I don't know, but they've more gravitas as a club.

Agree completely. They're likeable in many ways (although the association with Hughes loses them brownie-points), and - to be totally condescending - it's bizarre how a club the size of Fulham have maintained their allegiance with the Premier League for this long. I can't see them being around forever, but West Brom are a big club that just need something to propel them from this yo-yo status quo. That was never going to happen with Di Matteo but Hodgson is the perfect man imo. Great appointment.

Agree completely. They're likeable in many ways (although the association with Hughes loses them brownie-points), and - to be totally condescending - it's bizarre how a club the size of Fulham have maintained their allegiance with the Premier League for this long. I can't see them being around forever, but West Brom are a big club that just need something to propel them from this yo-yo status quo. That was never going to happen with Di Matteo but Hodgson is the perfect man imo. Great appointment.

Al Fayed has put the money in when it matters and that's the reason Fulham have had relative success imo.  Plus they got lucky when they brought Hodgson in when Sanchez was bringing them down, because it seemed like a daft move at the time but it worked out for them.

I think Hodgson has an OK chance of keeping a team like West Brom up given the players they've got, but we'll see.  Good appointment afaic.

They seem really well run. Sacking Coleman and giving all the money to Lawrie Sanchez was potentially disastrous - but they pulled it off with the appointment of Hodgson. Hughes is a good manager too - but i'll always enjoy seeing him fail.

So i hope they do. :aww:

Who was it that said Hughton had no chance of getting another Premier League job btw?

spoke too soon I'm afraid  :lol:, there something good in the saying that don't count your chicken before they hatch!  :-[

Once again you read things I didn't even fucking say. :thup:

Yep, Shaun must not know much about either club or the history of football. Until the Premier League started changing things, WBA have always been obvious potential title winners, speaking in the way that we, Tottenham, Sheffield Wednesday et al were. Can't say that for Fulham and don't forsee that ever changing, either.

Don't have any particular affection for them, but like all decent clubs who've been on their uppers since Sky changed the game, I'd love to see them establish themselves in the top 6/4 one day*

*The right way, unlike Manchester City.

Who was it that said Hughton had no chance of getting another Premier League job btw?

spoke too soon I'm afraid  :lol:, there something good in the saying that don't count your chicken before they hatch!  :-[

Once again you read things I didn't even f***ing say. :thup:

Very funny Dave, you might want to check out the meaning of the word "imply" or "allude"...when you asked "Who was it that said Hughton had no chance of getting another Premier League job btw?" what other meaning can there be? At least stand up for what you said man, we not school kids here.

I just asked who said it. I can't remember. Was it you?

Yeah right  :lol:

Wasn't me by the way, he might get one of the lower clubs or a club that is doomed to relegation coz the directors will hope that he can bring them right up just the way he did with us. Regardless, does not change my mind that he is not good enough for a club that wants to move beyond bottom 3.

Yep, Shaun must not know much about either club or the history of football. Until the Premier League started changing things, WBA have always been obvious potential title winners, speaking in the way that we, Tottenham, Sheffield Wednesday et al were. Can't say that for Fulham and don't forsee that ever changing, either.

Don't have any particular affection for them, but like all decent clubs who've been on their uppers since Sky changed the game, I'd love to see them establish themselves in the top 6/4 one day*

*The right way, unlike Manchester City.

That's history, not future. Unless you're a time traveller, you can't possibly know who will have the better future.

However, if I was to hazard a guess, I'd say Fulham have the better future. Since coming up to the top flight they have never been relegated, reached the qtr final of the FA cup 2 years running, got into Europe and reached the final. All in the recent past, not 50+ years ago.

However, if I was to hazard a guess, I'd say Fulham have the better future. Since coming up to the top flight they have never been relegated, reached the qtr final of the FA cup 2 years running, got into Europe and reached the final. All in the recent past, not 50+ years ago.

That's history, not future.

• 1 month later...

This team have proceeded to not lose any matches since this "madness" and are now probably safe from relegation. Football is not a game of sentiments. I've enjoyed them, tbh. Decent football and an intelligent transfer strategy. Still wish we had signed Osaze for the same minimal fee, despite him not being a typical Ashley/Hughton signing. (turning 30 in the summer)