Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

<snipped.> (Not only because it's fucking shameful but it's not allowed mate)

Miss of last season!!

Swansea fans can't believe you are signing him!!  ;D

He scored crucial goals for us and may for you but he's not Premiership standard.

People are acting like this is the club's direct replacement for Carroll.  :rolleyes:  Jesus Christ what were people expecting on February 9th? If he gets on the pitch he's a cheap f*cking body who might score a goal, might help us score a goal, might keep the ball at the other end of the pitch when we need it and will be gone in May.

people are acting like we should have been working from the end of december to bring in a forward anyway BEFORE we sold carroll  :rolleyes:

on february 9th i was expecting us not to have to make joke signings like this

We all know what happened and did not happen in January and the situation it left us in and its been discussed relentlessly on other threads. This thread is about a player we are signing as a temporary back up in February, who did you expect?

It was a bosman, it was always going to be desperate. The truth is the damage was done in January, even if Carroll was still about we'd only have three fit strikers, that's a symptom of our inactivity and ultimately trying to get by on the bear minimum.

As for Kuqi himself he isn't great but chances our we won't be seeing much of him before he packs his bags in the summer, if he does step foot on the pitch he'll have my full support. on a completely unrelated note It reminds me a lot of the Sibierski transfer.

<that's just thick. >

Miss of last season!!

Swansea fans can't believe you are signing him!!  ;D

He scored crucial goals for us and may for you but he's not Premiership standard.

And as I said this is why we should  have tried harder for Ewerthon

im ower the moon that hes "cheap as fuck" like, good to hear Mike is saving some more of his pennies, especially after lining them with £35m after selling AC9 with 15mins to go on deadline day.

Yep, cracking move by the club.

Well they can't spend the £35m now, so a slightly pointless argument.

Yep agree we should have tried harder for Ewerthon by far the better option. Looking at the article about Ewerthon on skysports he's stil considering his options, u never know he may end up signing i doubt it like, I can just see it now Kuqi waddling on to the pitch against Blackburn

Ewerthon and Kuqi are different types of strikers. I'm hoping, therefore, that the initial intention was to try and sign both and that we'll be trying again for Ewerthon.

Why would we sign two players when we only have one open spot?

Ewerthon and Kuqi are different types of strikers. I'm hoping, therefore, that the initial intention was to try and sign both and that we'll be trying again for Ewerthon.

Surely we can budge one of Xisco, Routledge, Forster from our squad ffs.

Guest bimpy474

I'm guessing that if Kuqi signs it will be mainly as backup and as a sub to bring on so we can hoof the ball forward.

Haven't seen him play for years, I imagine he's immobile?

No infact he is the perfection of the headless chicken, charges around like a loon :)

We registered them, we can't unregister them. At least according to FM. :lol:

There could be a variety of reasons the Ewerthon deal didn't happen.

I am going with the one we didnt offer him enough dosh.

<snipped.> (Not only because it's f***ing shameful but it's not allowed mate)

Miss of last season!!

Swansea fans can't believe you are signing him!!  ;D

How come youtube links aren't allowed?!

But according to FM you can't add free agents to your squad outside of transfer windows? or have I made that up.

I am going with the one we didnt offer him enough dosh.

If that's the case I'd stay well clear.

Even thought this seems like a tragic signing at first glance, I have to say I've got a soft spot for the grizzled veteran journeyman type of player, especially one as big and bruising as Kuqi.

I don't think he'll necessarily do well for us, but if he bangs a few goals in he'll be the type of comedy hero that Newcastle fans love.

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/62/69/0,,12306~158050,00.pdf

Looks like there's only room for one more player in the 25-man squad. Kuqi it is then.

The middle names are great

Alan Harper

Peter Simpson

Vincent Taylor

James Williamson

Robert Perch

Anthony Taylor

Jance Nolan

Ismael Tiote

Sean Guthrie

James Ireland

Brendan Best

:lol:

Love how Jonas' middle name is Manuel

"Ah man, Jonas...there is too much butter on those trays!"

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcgvusayy71qcowxmo1_500.jpg

But according to FM you can't add free agents to your squad outside of transfer windows? or have I made that up.

I think you've made that up. I'm not sure, though. It sounds familiar but I'm still not sure.