Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

Guest palnese

http://www.premierleague.com/staticFiles/62/69/0,,12306~158050,00.pdf

Looks like there's only room for one more player in the 25-man squad. Kuqi it is then.

The middle names are great

Alan Harper

Peter Simpson

Vincent Taylor

James Williamson

Robert Perch

Anthony Taylor

Jance Nolan

Ismael Tiote

Sean Guthrie

James Ireland

Brendan Best

:lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

He is another option. A battering ram for the last 30 minutes or so.

Alliadiare is Lovenkrands part 2 and Ewerthon would probably be the most expensive option whilst also being the most risky

Makes sense tbh

Happy, not really, more meh!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Great signal of intent for the players we are waiting on to sign contract extensions. :-)

How is this a signal of intent? It is an emergency deal

Come the summer he will be nowhere near NUFC

Look, I'm not pleased on one level, it speaks volumes about the direction (or lack of it) of this club right now....but who knows whether he'll turn out to be a Sibierski type signing for us perhaps. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...for now.

Look, I'm not pleased on one level, it speaks volumes about the direction (or lack of it) of this club right now....but who knows whether he'll turn out to be a Sibierski type signing for us perhaps. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...for now.

i'd be willing to give a sausage roll the benefit of the doubt if it was wearing a strip and shook hands with the opposition before kick-off. doesnt mean nufc should be fielding one though

i'd be willing to give a sausage roll the benefit of the doubt if it was wearing a strip and shook hands with the opposition before kick-off. doesnt mean nufc should be fielding one though

:lol: Yeah, that's a fair point as well...

Guest bimpy474

This thread is rather like the country at the moment, a miserable and pessimitic moaning grumpyness of overreactions.

I don't agree with that staement, but this aint the nevermind the bollocks thread in general chat

We have only 3 fit strikers, our 4th, young reserve (Airey) is also injured, were signing a player who will most likely not play at all if the other 3 stay fit, but Kuqi is there to chuck on for a last 20 minute go for it if were losing, and he will only come if Nile is not fit to do it, as that seems to be Nile best role as an impact sub winning or losing.

rather than paying say 10k a week to sub standard player, perhaps we could have given this money to AC and the offer of a reviewed contract at the end of the season. Hell Ashley could have insert large bonuses into the contract as he already stated he plans to do with NUFC (he does this with his shops to good effect).Instead we have panic signed a player to do nothing but waste cash on and keep the bench warm. If people within the club had any sense we should have been looking for a replacement for carol. As it has now become very clear that he was always for sale (AC).

That's called Plan B. Instead we have jumped straight to plan Z.

Kuqi wont be getting 10 grand me thinks, giving the money to Carroll, not a bad idea but thats hindsight (seeing the Ameobi injury i mean), and i think Carroll was asking for the silly money he was going to offered by Liverpool, funny how he knew what to ask for before he even spoke to Liverpool  :angry: , i wasn't aware we planned for anything let a lone A,B OR Z  ;D

We need the numbers and yeah Kuqi is uninspirational to us but ffs what can Pardew do, Aliadière is not fit and whats the point in getting him in if he not available from one of his many injuries he's bound to get, as for Ewerthon, this isn't FM and he isn't the player from 3 years ago, he might be better than Kuqi, but i bet he wouldn't be if you need to launch the ball in the box with 10 mins to go, or need to chase the ball and win it back.

Yeah we need numbers, we needed numbers before the window passed us by but we let 3 leave and signed a injured player on loan.  Again rather than be wastfull with cash, why not re-juggle the players we have to fit. If it's needed perhaps play Nolan up front. He's handy with his head if where looking for a target man. Play Lua Lua, or Vuckic as a advaced attacking midfielder.

They would play with a hell of alot more heart than this Kuqi guy, who is very unlikely to give a fluff. As i'm sure he know's he's only here to warm the bench

Kuqi isn't as replacement for Carroll or going to sign beyond this season, honestly i do wonder if some really do want us to fail, just so they can say "told you so"

People form opnions on past experiances, that's human nature and has got sod all to do with as you say "people want us to fail so the can say i told you so"

Lovenkrans, was a temp option and he got a 3 year contract, wonder if history will repat it's self again.

Nolan up front is not a bad shout but with no one else to play right side and Barton doing so well there, that rules Barton from the middle, Ireland not fit (better bloody get fit, i can see him off the front man), Gosling's injury not healing yet, smith out, Guthrie not good enough or me, Nolan will have to play in the middle i think or we could just nail tubby across our goal :), I'm 40 now and have seen so many ups and downs but i'm still trying to see the upsides, No way Kuqi will get 3 years, Loven was good enough for the championship at the time and was/is 5 years younger.

Cheer up, good times are coming if we can just stay up, Tiote, Ben Arfa, Enrique, Colo, Saylor (well i rate him anyhoo), 3 good GK's, Vuckic, Ranger, Simpson (going to get much better with experience), Gosling, Barton and Lua Lua (given a chance).

Tiote, Enrique and Colo will more than likely be sold in the summer. 3 of our best players will more than likley will be gone to be replaced by 3 lesser players. The fans are getting shunted around the grounds on a whim that makes no sense to anybody. All sounds like good reason to be worried rather than looking forward to good times. I also think we will stay up quite comfortably

You have no idea they will be sold and i dont think they will be, and were Tiote and Ben Arfa when bought lesser players than the ones they repaced, not in my book and with what looks like a good scout in Graham Carr, a couple more like them will be a exciting attacking team.

If you want to be miserable about those players then go ahead, but IF the money from the Carroll sale is spent well, next season is going to a season that i will look forward to more than any i have for a long time, not since Sir Bobby was here.

Again going back to the

:dowie: :facepalm:

I think you need to get your dose increased, if you believe what you typed

I believe it and why shouldn't i ?, i like replies like yours, lacking in any counter points to my post, i must be on drugs because i refuse to see beyond the end of the world, okey dokey.

I'm always up for a good debate, although the level a grammer will terrible.

Grammar, hehe forgot about when i left school decades ago  ;D

My replies to your points are in our messages, hope you know how to read them, i'm new to this stuff  :idiot2:

:lol: Yeah, that's a fair point as well...

sad times man

Don't see the big deal, we could do with another forward for a few months and I would be less scared of cookie than I would of anyone after Ranger.

Basically he is likely to be pretty shit but has strength and experience which would be a plus over kids with no experience who could potential be ruined if they are suddenly chucked in expecting to win us games.

He will be cheap as fuck too which is better than desperately forking out a load of money because someone is slightly better but a bigger name.

People are acting like this is the club's direct replacement for Carroll.  :rolleyes:  Jesus Christ what were people expecting on February 9th? If he gets on the pitch he's a cheap f*cking body who might score a goal, might help us score a goal, might keep the ball at the other end of the pitch when we need it and will be gone in May.

Looks like there's only room for one more player in the 25-man squad. Kuqi it is then.

Alan Harper

Peter Simpson

Vincent Taylor

James Williamson

Robert Perch

Anthony Taylor

Jance Nolan

Ismael Tiote

Sean Guthrie

James Ireland

Brendan Best

So Ryan Taylor's initials are RAT, maybe he clicked on to this when he was a bairn and hasn't smiled since.

People are acting like this is the club's direct replacement for Carroll:rolleyes:  Jesus Christ what were people expecting on February 9th? If he gets on the pitch he's a cheap f*cking body who might score a goal, might help us score a goal, might keep the ball at the other end of the pitch when we need it and will be gone in May.

that is exactly the  gist of thetext i received about 7pm.

People are acting like this is the club's direct replacement for Carroll.  :rolleyes:  Jesus Christ what were people expecting on February 9th? If he gets on the pitch he's a cheap f*cking body who might score a goal, might help us score a goal, might keep the ball at the other end of the pitch when we need it and will be gone in May.

people are acting like we should have been working from the end of december to bring in a forward anyway BEFORE we sold carroll  :rolleyes:

on february 9th i was expecting us not to have to make joke signings like this

TBH we should have tried harder to sign Ewerthon till the end of the season even if that means a bigger wage. That way the current players would see that we aren't just a desparate club and indeed have real ambition to stay in the PL and most likely would sign contracts in the summer. Better having someone who could keep you up for 40k a week than having the Kuqi Monster laying there eating on the bench for 10k a week.

Alan Harper

Peter Simpson

Vincent Taylor

James Williamson

Robert Perch

Anthony Taylor

Jance Nolan

Ismael Tiote

Sean Guthrie

James Ireland

Brendan Best

Love how Jonas' middle name is Manuel

im ower the moon that hes "cheap as fuck" like, good to hear Mike is saving some more of his pennies, especially after lining them with £35m after selling AC9 with 15mins to go on deadline day.

Yep, cracking move by the club.