Birmingham City 0 - 2 Newcastle United - 15/02/11 - post match reaction from p25

Dave

Just remembered about the guy stoodmin front of us in block 5, he was mortal pissed and couldn't stand up. He sat down for most of the first half with his head in his hands, occasionally jumping up forma sing. Didn't make it back form the second half, I bet his head hurts this morning!

7th is more realistic than 17th imo and has been since we beat Everton. Waivered a bit in November/December but all in all we've been top 10 more than bottom.

Luckily Tiote is not suspended against Bolton, and that factor can be very decisive for the game. Against Everton we'll have more players back, so a yellow card on Tiote will not hurt us that much..I think..

Our midfield in particular was superb and controlled the game. Defence pretty good too. Strikers did OK and got their goals, certainly better than Brums. Bentley looked dangerous at times and Zigic should have burried that header but our midfield Tiote and Jonas in particular were superb just hardly let them play.

Harper 7 - Solid

Simpson 7 - Good most of the time

Coloccini 7 - Classy and composed

Williamson 7 - solid

Enrique 7.5 - Combined with Jonas very effectively and  a real constant thorn in Birmingham's side. Barely gave them a chance defensively.

Barton 7.5 - steely and great passer of the ball.

Nolan 7 - gritty display led the side well.

Tiote 8.5 - Awesome. Dictated/bossed the midfield and general play. The standout best quality player on the pitch. We'll do very well to hang on to him. Please do not sell him we always have a chance/foothold in the game with him centraly

Gutierrez 8.5 - Excellent display,  two top class assists for our goals (were you watching Ronaldo & co) and worked his arse off defensively too.

Lovenkrands 7 - Worked hard and got his goal which he took very well. Didn't really do anything else of note.

Best 7 - Also worked hard ish and got his goal. If he hadn't of scored he'd only deserve a 5 as his positioning and his making runs is woefull at times.

What could we do with a fit livewire Ben Arfa and a new top quality striker up top?

Great away win, I was buzzing last night after my mate confirmed the score by text in the pub. Well done lads.

We have the makings of a really good side here just a shame we're run by an absolute oaf of a man. We "could" really kick on in the summer with the right signings and cement our place in the prem league again, will it happen......

A great result in terrible playing conditions.

The result more important than the performance, although this was Jonas' best contribution for a while - 2 assists for the goals and his second was a beauty.

Good effort also from Best, he has been given a chance by Pardew and taken it - his goals may turn out to be crucial in keeping the side in the PL.

Two wins should see the side safe and the sooner this happens the better because we are down to the bare bones and cannot take injuries/suspensions to key players.

As has been said, with an ambitious owner the side could be transformed into Euro challengers next season - as it is, we don't even know if we will be able to do as well as this, but that is for another day.

Well done to all concerned and I wonder how much input Carver is having,,,!

Great away win, I was buzzing last night after my mate confirmed the score by text in the pub. Well done lads.

We have the makings of a really good side here just a shame we're run by an absolute oaf of a man. We "could" really kick on in the summer with the right signings and cement our place in the prem league again, will it happen......

An 'absolute oaf of a man' who has brought every player in that side, bar the goal keeper, to the club.

The thing with Mikey Ashley is that when everything is going well he tends to fuck off but it still betters the club. Every decision he has taken since after we were relegated have been good, despite Hughton leaving, Pardew has done a good job until now.

People need to stop blaming him for everything and just hope that for once he won't fuck up. He's running this club as a business and we're on of few clubs who are debt-free now aren't we?

The thing with Mikey Ashley is that when everything is going well he tends to fuck off but it still betters the club. Every decision he has taken since after we were relegated have been good, despite Hughton leaving, Pardew has done a good job until now.

People need to stop blaming him for everything and just hope that for once he won't fuck up. He's running this club as a business and we're on of few clubs who are debt-free now aren't we?

Nar, we have monster debts, though we are in  better position than most in that the debts are to Sheriff Fat Man, and unlike Lerner et al, he has so far not even charged any interest on them.

Guest jimmyc84

Im still miffed as to how they are allowed to play PREMIERSHIP FOOTBALL with that f***ing cow field of a pitch. It realy is shocking how one of the top 20 sides in the country cannot maintain a patch of grass for half a f***ing season.

similar to how when I often see the stadium of s**** on TV, there always appears to be plastic bags and other s*** floating around the pitch in an updraft.

not to mention people..

woop im still unbeaten away! (only 7 games though)

the chant when Bentley got motm was class, theres only 1 david bentley! haha

oh and hes a diving little cunt

Excellent 3 points and another away clean sheet.

Coloccini Williamson - Great partnership. Bar a few mistakes like all players make, they've done much better than I expected and it's ages since we had a decent CB partnership. They bossed Martins and Zigic for virtually all of that match. Joke if Saylor gets back into the team.

Tiote - Was his usual self....amazing. By far the best defensive player I have watched at Newcastle so far. He dominated the midfield and picked up all of the loose balls.

Jonas - First time in a while he's played very well. Set up two goals and hopefully he can keep up his form for a while. Ben Arfa, Ireland and Gosling coming back could help him perform.

Best Lovenkrands - Worked well together and glad they both got a goal. Hopefully Lovenkrands only went off with a knock and he's fine for next Saturday.

Those were the stand outs for me. I'm almost certain we will survive now. Might aswell push on and try for a top 10 finish  :thup: NEVER EVER THOUGHT I'D SAY THAT AFTER JUST GETTING PROMOTED.

I was at the match got a free ticket of my mate at uni but unfortunastly was in the home end but right in the corner next to away section. Was really struggling to hold myself together when goals went in.

One thing I noticed in the bottom corner of the away end, a bunch of shifty looking youths (often spoken to by the police) kept bringing out a flag after each goal but only for like 10 seconds, i remeber it saying something like " RUG ... the new batch". Anyone know what this is about, is it just a few youth tring to act like there tough guys?

Anyway what an great match, the away fans were absolutely amazing during the whole match, was desperate to get in there with them. Could here smoe of the Brummie fans cringing with embarressment when the geordie boys were taking the piss!

Good to see I was spot on with my win/draw/lose prediction.

We played some good stuff at times and it was pretty straightforward in the end.  The first twenty minutes were really entertaining after which it was largely uneventful and became one of those games where nowt really happens then we lose.  So yeah, I was delighted with the 3 points.

I was saying prior to the match that I'm fairly happy with all areas of the team apart from the forwards, but fair play to them - they both got on the scoresheet.  Let's hope that this doesn't paper over the cracks this summer though as it clearly needs freshened up up there.