Newcastle United vs Bolton Wanderers, Saturday (26/2/11) Pre-match thread.

Stifler

Going to be an interesting match. We'll need Willicini to step up a level after the Blackburn and Birmingham matches, as we all know Bolton will pose a far more direct and physical, offensive threat than they faced in the previous two games. They must keep Sturridge under wraps ... I also hope that we don't play long, aerial balls forward (as a lot of teams resort to doing against Bolton) and instead keep the ball on the ground as we did so well against Brum.

It's looking like they are going to have both Steinsson and Ricketts out, so I'd expect us to pile a lot of pressure down the left hand side through Enrique and Jonas exploiting the physical weakness of Lee and a presumably out of position RB.

We'll sneak a win 1-0.

Going to be an interesting match. We'll need Willicini to step up a level after the Blackburn and Birmingham matches, as we all know Bolton will pose a far more direct and physical, offensive threat than they faced in the previous two games. They must keep Sturridge under wraps ... I also hope that we don't play long, aerial balls forward (as a lot of teams resort to doing against Bolton) and instead keep the ball on the ground as we did so well against Brum.

It's looking like they are going to have both Steinsson and Ricketts out, so I'd expect us to pile a lot of pressure down the left hand side through Enrique and Jonas exploiting the physical weakness of Lee and a presumably out of position RB.

We'll sneak a win 1-0.

I know Davis is a cnt to play against but haven't Bolton changed their ways, playing style.  Isnt that why they employeed owen cyole as manager??

I'm sure they arent as direct as they were with Allerdyce and Megson.

We'll sneak a win 1-0.

I know Davis is a cnt to play against but haven't Bolton changed their ways, playing style.  Isnt that why they employeed owen cyole as manager??

I'm sure they arent as direct as they were with Allerdyce and Megson.

Davis? Yeah, they play much more attractive football these days, but I still think they are the kind of side to put a lot of pressure on the keeper/defenders and encourage them into lumping the ball forward ...

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

Tiote will be booked before 60 mins easly I'd say.

And that means he's out of our next 2 games,: OH NO!  :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :no: :no: :no: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

So we are looking at:

Harper

Simpson    Colo    Williamson  Enrique

Barton      Tiote    Nolan    Jonas

Loven  Best

I can see Nolan scoring from 16 yards (defence clearing out from a corner) and Best sliding in a Jonas cross.

My last prediction to come spectacularly correct was a few years back when I predicted Ambrose would score a screamer against Bolton :snod: