Newcastle United vs Bolton Wanderers, Saturday (26/2/11) Pre-match thread.

Stifler

Bolton have looked their best this season since I've been watching football. Tidy and organised at the back, smart play in the middle and a real threat upfront. We've got some key players which outshines theirs but really I think their forward line needs to have a bad day for us to stand a chance of a win.

Are they carrying any injuries?

We need Nile to spark and get goals today, it feels like it could be the game it happens for him. Queue pards starting Loven & best.

Go with a draw, wouldn't be the end of the world, just a shame after a couple of good results of late no to take max points.

A few, especially in defence. Knight and Ricketts injured, with Steinsson and Samuel only on light training at the moment. We have no recognised right-back, so Paul Robinson will probably play there and Marcos Alonso (19-yo signed from Real Madrid in the summer) at left-back as they did against Fulham.

A few, especially in defence. Knight and Ricketts injured, with Steinsson and Samuel only on light training at the moment. We have no recognised right-back, so Paul Robinson will probably play there and Marcos Alonso (19-yo signed from Real Madrid in the summer) at left-back as they did against Fulham.

we're gonna f*** your lot up, tiote will whip yo asses, davies and elmander will cry to be off at half time, leon best will bag his second hat trick..........

don't go looking earlier on in the thread where i'm saying a very tight draw. :coolsmiley:

Bolton have looked their best this season since I've been watching football. Tidy and organised at the back, smart play in the middle and a real threat upfront. We've got some key players which outshines theirs but really I think their forward line needs to have a bad day for us to stand a chance of a win.

We need Nile to spark and get goals today, it feels like it could be the game it happens for him. Queue pards starting Loven & best.

Go with a draw, wouldn't be the end of the world, just a shame after a couple of good results of late no to take max points.

Why wouldn't/shouldn't he? ???

Why wouldn't/shouldn't he? ???

Obviously it makes perfect sense to drop the front two that basically won us the last match.

Obviously.

Not sure. They have quality throughout and Davies always hurts us

I would be happy with a draw

Got to remember that in our 5-1 loss we had a midfield consisting of Smith and an unfit Guthrie. That's a cakewalk for most teams. I think Bolton will be very satisfied with a draw today. In other words, they will sit deep, gambling on counter attacks through long balls behind the defense (Davis flicking through) or they will move all their tankers up in the box if awarded a decent free kick or a corner kick.

In other words, as long as we avoid those free kicks and pay attention when the sudden long ball is played, we will be fine.

Desperate we win this game after travelling to Bolton earlier in the season. Our midfield should be far stronger which will help.4

I too would start Lov/Best. Ranger is still looking more of an impact sub to me.

Have Ranger and Tiote started in the same eleven this season?

I'd really like to see Ranger given a chance alongside Best. Full credit to Lovenkrands for bagging a goal at the Brum (and such a well taken goal too) but if he's carrying a knock - I think it would be a good time to let Ranger play with a decent midfield behind him (ie. unlike at Fulham).

He looks like an impact sub because he hasn't been given a real chance to start IMO. I'd gamble on him personally.

Everytime we've got into a position like this (winnable game that could really get us momentum) we've failed to win. Worry our lack of creativity could be apparent here if they come for a draw. I expect Robinson will spend the whole game trying to wind up Barton, hopefully he doesn't succeed.