Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Speaking totally selfishly, I hope this does not effect the coverage in Canada. TBH, $50 a year is nothing though, especially compared to NFL sunday ticket that costs me $50 a month and the $20 a month I paid for Bein's crappy service last year.

What games do you get via Bein?

FA Cup and Championship are BeIn.

from a recode article :lol:...

NBC’s announcement comes on the same day that Facebook announced it will stream more than a dozen matches from the Champions League — a sort of all-star European soccer tournament, which also features Premier League teams — this fall for free, in conjunction with 21st Century Fox, which owns the rights to that tournament.

:pilko:

:lol:

So, it's like the world series of soccer?  :crazy2:

Yeah so extra time is out for TV subscribers. So fans of the top 4-6 teams will always get on TV and those of us Newcastle supporters will have to rely on the Gold service more often than not. Annoying as I often DVR weekday matches and will start our matches 30 mins to 1 hour late if its early or have family things to do, and now I won't even be able to do that. We'll have to rely on perfect wi-fi connection or cell service wherever we are and if we are more than 30-45 mins late for a match, we cant even start it from the beginning at that point, we'll have to tip toe around to get a full replay while remaining totally radio silent.

f***ing crap NBC.

Guest neesy111

Yeah so extra time is out for TV subscribers. So fans of the top 4-6 teams will always get on TV and those of us Newcastle supporters will have to rely on the Gold service more often than not. Annoying as I often DVR weekday matches and will start our matches 30 mins to 1 hour late if its early or have family things to do, and now I won't even be able to do that. We'll have to rely on perfect wi-fi connection or cell service wherever we are and if we are more than 30-45 mins late for a match, we cant even start it from the beginning at that point, we'll have to tip toe around to get a full replay while remaining totally radio silent.

f***ing crap NBC.

Do they not even offer VOD for full matches?  My provider does.

f***ing crap NBC.

Do they not even offer VOD for full matches?  My provider does.

They do, you just have to wait a certain period of time (not sure if it's immediately after or how many hours/days after)

My issue is those of us who pay for the cable service are getting fucked. We're paying into their menu of channels and now we're paying additional. See HBO Go, Showtime etc, that the premium channels offer to TV subscribers vs HBO Now which is a stand alone stream service.

This is annoying, but if they come back with a streaming site that isn't total dogshit, and apps across all of the deviceses, then I'll grin and bear it.

Having found out that televised games will not be streamed on this service, I have already reversed my decision to not call NBC cunts.

Cunts.

Shitty news but $50 isn't that bad a price. For those who did cord cut, I suggest checking out Direct TV Now. I got it late last year when it was on special. 100 channels including HBO for $35 a month and because I prepaid for three months, they sent me a free Apple TV.

Yes. For something that came with your NBC cable package until now.

Now you need both an NBC package and this additional $50. Cheapest way you're getting NBC Sports is probably a $30 pm online streaming package, more likely way is through a cable TV package that'll end up running you at least $60 pm, but those numbers are hard to realistically quote given you normally "bundle" stuff together.

My biggest issue with this isn't even the price, it's the ridiculous fragmentation of it all. Just let me pay a single fucking fee, and open a single fucking app. NAH.

I'm confused now. If I pay the extra $50 can I only watch the matches on their streaming service or will I be able to watch them on Extra time like before?

TV: Only regular NBC sports package channels and no Extra Time channels (at least not live). You can also stream the games that are on the regular NBC sports package channels, though.

Streaming: Subscribers to the NBC sports package can stream the games that appear on those channels. To see the other ones you have to get the $49.99 service. BUT, the streaming package doesn't include the games on the NBC sports package channels, so if you're a streaming-only person, you've got to get them through another streaming services that includes the NBC sports package (like Sling, apparently).

I think.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...