Greatest Moment as an NUFC Supporter?

Guest EastEndGeordie

Shearer's goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was a fucking great moment.

"It's Alan Shearer.. that's the way to finish it!"

Nerve-wracking as owt was that day. I can remember Dabizas getting away with a blatant handball after we'd gone 1 ahead. Did Shearer get them both that day - first one was a pen wasn't it? I know it was 2-0 aet...

Shearer's goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was a fucking great moment.

Oh shit, aye. Totally forgot about that. Half the street was crammed into my mate's bedroom and we utterly destroyed the place when he scored that goal. :lol:

Maric. :aww:

David Kelly's winner v Portsmouth in May 1992. Probably the biggest 'goal' and celebration that came after in NUFC's history. Was in the scoreboard that day and by christ, what a relief when Ned scored. :coolsmiley:

Not sure about 'greatest' moment. But what a moment.

More relief than celebration probably, but Jesus......  :cheesy:

Shearer's goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was a f***ing great moment.

Nerve-wracking as owt was that day. I can remember Dabizas getting away with a blatant handball after we'd gone 1 ahead. Did Shearer get them both that day - first one was a pen wasn't it? I know it was 2-0 aet...

Can't remember anything about that match (well apart from that goal) but after reading this I can now remember, watching it at home and, the handball being clear as day. :lol:

I don't think either were penalties iirc. Shearer did get both though, the second one, Silvio Maric layed it back to Shearer, 20 yards out, and he brayed it in off the bar. He ran over to the corner where I was sat and my Dad picked me and my mate up one in each arm. We ended up between the seats and grown blokes jumping around near my head, it was a truly awesome moment. I was shitting myself but elated at the same time.

I remember my Dad picking me up at half time of Extra time, and turned me to face the North Stand. As it had been for the last half an hour, Toon Toon, Black and White Army bellowed out continuously, literally no breaks, and the stand was pretty much bending with our support jumping up and town chanting. He said "Look at that! Look at that son! You will never forget this moment for the rest of your life!"....ahhhhh amazing man! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Shearer's goal against Spurs in the FA Cup semi final was a f***ing great moment.

Can't remember anything about that match (well apart from that goal) but after reading this I can now remember, watching it at home and, the handball being clear as day. :lol:

Think Dabizas's handball was at 0-0, then Sol Campbell did exact same thing and we got pen.

I was in the upper tier at the side, whole crowd jumping up and down chanting 'Ruud Gullit' and could actually feel it bouncing, remember Shearer commenting on it.

Think Dabizas's handball was at 0-0, then Sol Campbell did exact same thing and we got pen.

I was in the upper tier at the side, whole crowd jumping up and down chanting 'Ruud Gullit' and could actually feel it bouncing, remember Shearer commenting on it.

You were obviously one of the chaps I was looking up at... :coolsmiley:

Can't remember fuck all of that game, was that the semi with the goal of the season or was that Sheff U?

Can't remember fuck all of that game, was that the semi with the goal of the season or was that Sheff U?

Sheff U was 1-0, shearer bundled it in, spurs 2-0 was the screamer

i think

Can't remember f*** all of that game, was that the semi with the goal of the season or was that Sheff U?

Sheff U was 1-0, shearer bundled it in, spurs 2-0 was the screamer

i think

Aye.