Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

Newcastle - Leeds 2-2, in April 2000, I think it was. We were 2-0 down, but it finished 2-2. Shearer scored twice.

Some experience that for a young boy from Norway.

Shearer was outstanding that day.

Mine was about 1974 ish. West Stand seats for a cup tie. Tommy Cassidy scored. Too young to remember much. First game as season ticket holder was Derby County 1976. 2-2 I believe.

My first live Barça game:

January 3rd, 1990

FCB 3 - 4 Sevilla

Pretty legendary game actually, for the awful refereeing, as he gave Sevilla a couple penalties to help them turn the game, and ignored a stonewall one in their box, just in the last 15 minutes. The ref got banned from refereeing us for... 5 years I think? Something like that. Still have vivid memories of using extremely inappropiate language for an 11-year old against him :snod:

My dad rekons he took me to see Toon play Benfica in about 1971, with Eusebio , and supermacs first game for us.

I emailed Legends and got a canny reply off malcolm, says eusebio ripped them apart that day, untouchable i think he said.

edit- paid  £20 for my first season ticket 83/84

Early 80s, with my old man and CP40.

I think it was Fulham where we won in the last few minutes scoring 2 goals to lead 2-1. 

Wasnt that 3-2?

I think it was Fulham where we won in the last few minutes scoring 2 goals to lead 2-1. 

Wasnt that 3-2?

aye pretty sure it finnished 3-2, keegan playing for us- supermac was Fulhams manager-

Wasnt that 3-2?

aye pretty sure it finnished 3-2, keegan playing for us- supermac was Fulhams manager-

Was thinking about that game when we drew 4-4 with Arsenal. Rare event -  we looked fuck all like equalising never mind winning. Never leave early!

Wasnt that 3-2?

Was thinking about that game when we drew 4-4 with Arsenal. Rare event -  we looked f*** all like equalising never mind winning. Never leave early!

Think Trewick scored with 2-3 mins left and then Wharton improbably in injury time with a Leazes end scramble. I remember that more from the "going up" footage than actually being at the game  :laugh:

1975 - 1976 season v W Ham (h). Won 2-1 with a Tommy Craig pen and a goal from supermac. I had agonising toothache and had my black and white bar scarf wrapped around my gob. Mam and Dad bought me a set of "Striker" floodlights next day, to cheer me up after i'd had a few teeth out at the dental hospital.