Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

Newcastle v Reading April 5th 2008. 3-0 win. I flew out from California for the game. Met some wonderful people. It was an amazing day, can't wait to come back.

Aye that was my first one back after a good while. Cracking day that one; Martins, Owen and Viduka at their very best. Habib absolutely stole the show though.

Guest Campo22

Aston Villa away in about 2002 maybe with my dad. Think it was a draw.

First home match was Liverpool, in 2006. Think Bellamy had just gone to Liverpool and it was his first time back at SJP. Think we won 2-1 or 3-1.

Good grief I'm in "cresh" forum.  Most of you lot were not even born when I started going to SJP.  My first game was at home to Northampton Town in the First division in 1965!

I make you 3rd Bob, with meself 2nd (64) and Wil first (61), think Ozzie is 4th so far.

Theres got to be someone from the 50s out there ?

31.12.1977 Liverpool home L0-2

Ahhhhhh ...... the good old days...... smell of relegation in the air ......... shitty owners ....... how things have changed  :laugh:

at least the baddie in them days wore an eye patch.

Aston Villa away in about 2002 maybe with my dad. Think it was a draw.

First home match was Liverpool, in 2006. Think Bellamy had just gone to Liverpool and it was his first time back at SJP. Think we won 2-1 or 3-1.

:dowie:

What are you, the thought police? :shifty:

First Toon game I ever went to was at Anfield where Robert scored THAT free kick.  I was in the home end, so I had to be pretty subtle about that one!

First home game I went to was John Carvers game in charge after they sacked SBR.  We beat Blackburn 3-0 and the BBurn fans were chanting how we could stick Souness up our arses.  I also went to the next game which was Souness's first game in charge against Hapoel Bnei Sakhnin, where Nicky Butt got subbed on only to get sent off about 30 seconds later for swinging for someone.  Incidently I was in the away end for Souness's last game in charge where Citeh beat us 3-0.  If you watch Premier Years, you can even see me next to the "Souness Out" banner!

Don't get to many home games due to my job, probably go to more away games than anything!  Last game I went to was the 1-1 at the SoS!

Guest Supersylt

22.11.2003:

Newcastle - Manchester City 3-0 (0-0)

Team: Given, Hughes Woodgate Bramble Bernard, Dyer Jenas Speed Robert, Shearer Shola

1-0 Shola 57

2-0 Shearer 77

3-0 Shearer 85

MoM: Woodgate

Newcastle 1-1 Blackburn (lost on pens), Worthington Cup 1998/99. 120 mins for my first game wasn't bad. Loved it - so exciting. :aww:

Was mine too! Shearer missed a pen in normal time, fired straight into the leazes. Given saved a pen at the gallowgate in normal time aswell but I was too short to see it.

16th Feb 1999 - vs Leeds away, a 1-0 win, Nobby Solano scored in a pretty unmemorable match. What stands out from memory is I was sat in the Leeds stand, and remember a few toon fans getting in a scrap for celebrating our goal in the home end, people ended up rolling down the top tier of the West stand.

That and also Louis Saha starting up front; Was quite an odd Starting XI & bench

Shay Given

Temur Ketsbaia

Gary Speed

Stephen Glass

Nolberto Albino Todco Solano Goal

Dietmar Hamann

Laurent Charvet

Andy Griffin

Steve Howey

Warren Barton

Louis Saha

Substitutes:      Garry Brady In Out      Stephen Glass (66'')

Andreas Andersson In Out      Louis Saha (88'') [/qute]

0 - 0 thriller.

Newcastle Utd: Hislop, Watson, Albert, Pistone, Pearce, Gillespie, Batty, Barnes, Tomasson, Asprilla (Rush, 71), Ketsbaia. Other subs: Given (gk), Barton, Peacock, Hughes.

Derby County: Poom, Yates, Rowett, Elliott, Eranio, Carsley, D. Powell, C. Powell, Sturridge (Wanchope, 58), Baiano (Willems 71), Burton (Hunt, 85). Other subs: Hoult (gk), Solis.

Referee K.W. Burge (Tonypandy).

Attendance 36,289.

Tournament: English Premiership

Date: Wed 17 Dec 1997

Guest Keithy Boy

3rd round of the Fa cup Jan 97. Nottingham Forest. Lost 2-1 after leading through a Ferdinand header. Can't remember who got their equaliser but Ian Woan scored the winner after some dicking about by Warren Barton.

Me & me father were in the front row behind the goals in Sir John Hall stand and Mark Crossley was doing sommersaults when Woan scored. Dick

Guest magpie99

Benwell Lad

you can add me to the list of "old farts" here.

I cannot remember the year, probably 1964, but it was a wednesday night home game against either Rotherham United or Portsmouth. We won 1-0 and right back George Dalton scored the winner.

Soon after, I went to my second game, a 5-2 home win over Preston North End with a 17 year old Howard Kendall playing for them. I remember our left winger was a ginger haired bloke called Colin Taylor who had a left foot shot like a cannonball. He scored a couple of goals that day, one nearly taking the crossbar off the posts.

Also remember the same season going to see the Scottish under 23s beating the England under 23s 3-2 with our own Alan Suddick fronting for the English.

Benwell Lad

you can add me to the list of "old farts" here.

I cannot remember the year, probably 1964, but it was a wednesday night home game against either Rotherham United or Portsmouth. We won 1-0 and right back George Dalton scored the winner.

Soon after, I went to my second game, a 5-2 home win over Preston North End with a 17 year old Howard Kendall playing for them. I remember our left winger was a ginger haired bloke called Colin Taylor who had a left foot shot like a cannonball. He scored a couple of goals that day, one nearly taking the crossbar off the posts.

Also remember the same season going to see the Scottish under 23s beating the England under 23s 3-2 with our own Alan Suddick fronting for the English.

George Dalton :thup:  

It was Pompey Magpie99, October 2nd 1963 which means you started suffering about 3 months before I did when I first went in January 1964.

I make your second match nearly a year later, 5-2 versus PNE on Sept 26th 1964 but the goals were scored by Ron McGarry (2) ,Bobby Cummings,Dave Hilley and an OG.

nufc.com has season by season stats which may evoke a few memories !

Would Clarky have played LB with George Dalton RB ?  Amazing to think how long Clarky played for us and he was almost as unpopular as Enrique is popular today  ;D

Mind Clarky did go on to bigger things after he left, winning a couple of European Cups after being booted out.

P.S. Been reading your posts in another thread and I think you're spot on. Maybe just the wisdom and cynicism that comes with age  O0