Newcastle United vs Everton, Saturday (05/03/11) Pre-match thread.

Skeletor

wonder what happens to Beckford after tonight?  Will Moyes be forced into starting him?  Pleat had it spot on on 5live earlier in that he should have been in a hotel in/close to Liverpool, not making his way across from Leeds that late in the day.

What's this about beckford????

wonder what happens to Beckford after tonight?  Will Moyes be forced into starting him?  Pleat had it spot on on 5live earlier in that he should have been in a hotel in/close to Liverpool, not making his way across from Leeds that late in the day.

What's this about beckford????

Was on the bench because he was late for the game, having got stuck in traffic on the M62 en-route from Leeds to Liverpool.

Guest Loven11

Everton's Marouane Fellaini may miss rest of season, BBC Radio 5 live reports

Everton will be without Marouane Fellaini for the rest of the season.

The Belgian requires surgery on the ankle injury he picked up against Sunderland and won't feature again this term.

The Blues will also be without Tim Cahill for the next three weeks with the Australian suffering from a foot problem.

I'm gonna change my prediction and go for a 2-1 win.

We've been consistently inconsistent, so don't be surprised if we win on Saturday.

Fellaini out for the season.... anyone care to tell me how that particularly strengthens your cause on Saturday?

Guest palnese

Some more good news:  I've never seen an NUFC team lose when they've played on the weekend of my Birthday. :)

0-4

:lol:

Cant see anything other than a home win. Have we done the double over anyone yet this season?

West Ham

Came close to doing it to Arsenal as well if Nolan hadn't scooped his last effort wide of the post!

I like the look of that 3-5-2 formation, specially against the mid-lower table teams.

But there is always the risk that it backfires and affects confidence levels so I will begrudgingly stick with our tried and tested 442...

Cahill's missed the last 5 or 6 games against us or summat mad. The last time I can remember him playing (and scoring) was the 1-1 when Bramble got sent off and Shola scored from 18 yards offside.

Fellaini out for the season.... anyone care to tell me how that particularly strengthens your cause on Saturday?

Reduces the chance of one of our players picking up an injury as a result of an elbow to the face.

:bluestar:

We've been consistently inconsistent, so don't be surprised if we win on Saturday.

Don't know who plays in his place but I thought he was one of your best players in the reverse fixture helping to keep the score at just the one.

Judging by what I saw last night Beckford is going to have some seriously bruised ribs today, he might not be 100% by Saturday. Don't think we can read too much into the performance though and expect it to be a walk in the park for us, Reading were in cup-drive mode and were as industrious a team as I've seen this season. Unless we play with that same drive and passion there's no way we will make Everton look so poor.

Actually, rather annoying how the commentators kept saying how poor Evetrton were as it really gave no credit to how well Reading were playing.

I'm a bit worried about our midfield on Sat. considering injuries, and the suspension to Raylor whom I thought was pretty good before that tackle. Everton are favourites with the bookies....just.

Don't know who plays in his place but I thought he was one of your best players in the reverse fixture helping to keep the score at just the one.

Judging by what I saw last night Beckford is going to have some seriously bruised ribs today, he might not be 100% by Saturday. Don't think we can read too much into the performance though and expect it to be a walk in the park for us, Reading were in cup-drive mode and were as industrious a team as I've seen this season. Unless we play with that same drive and passion there's no way we will make Everton look so poor.

Actually, rather annoying how the commentators kept saying how poor Evetrton were as it really gave no credit to how well Reading were playing.

Well, yes, they were industrious and we got what we deserved. We were terrible like.