KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

Keegan moans so much it's unbelievable.

I think i would too if i was treated like s** and humiliated.

Yeah he must have felt so embarrassed picking up that £2 million.

I'm sure he would have prefered working under his contract where he could the final say on transfers (like a manager at any decent club would) and earning probably 4 or 5 times that.

Fixed.

:thup:

I might be wrong, but i think that Pardy is the first manager under the Ashley regime who will be given time and money.

Fat Sam wasn't Ashley's man, Keegan was a monumental error which was compounded by the Wise and Co "structure" and Hughton was a stop gap made good who for reasons still unbeknown, never convinced Ashley.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Nobody can say for certain what will happen in the summer

Keegans words strike a chord because it is what people dont want to hear.

Could it happen, Yes, quite conceivably by the current hierachies past record

Will it happen, i dont think so, but that is based on nothing more than a hunch.

Will it happen, i dont think so, but that is based on nothing more than a hunch.

I know what you mean, but that made me smirk. :laugh:

Guest sicko2ndbest

I know what you mean, but that made me smirk. :laugh:

Is that sentence grammatically awful. I looked at it half a dozen times before posting :)

Not really surprising people find it hard to laugh off negative predictions after having their fingers burned on everything from ludicrous suggestions that there was trouble between Keegan and Ashley, that Wise was there against Keegan's wishes or that we wanted to sack Hughton and replace him with Pardew.

Like I said in the Realistic Transfers thread, was our Summer transfer budget going to be £0.00 until Carroll was sold? I highly doubt it. I also doubt NUFC will spend anywhere near £30m in the Summer. We will probably get some free players like Larsson and/or Elmander mixed with 'good value' buys with potential. It's not the money NUFC spend but the quality we bring in that matters. Williamson and Tiote are just two examples of cheap purchases who have increased in value. I dare say there will be some players leaving in the Summer too and the money we get for them will be added to the transfer budget. E.g. Wayne Routledge sold to QPR, replaced by Larsson for free and the Routledge fee goes into the transfer pot.

I'd be surprised if Keegan wasn't just exaggerating to make a point.

His contempt for the regime obviously still lingers.

Good insight into what it must be like to be the manager at our club when the deadline deals land on the table.

I'd be surprised if Keegan wasn't just exaggerating to make a point.

His contempt for the regime obviously still lingers.

Good insight into what it must be like to be the manager at our club when the deadline deals land on the table.

I think he may have worded it wrong and it has been taken out of context. I think he's probably tring to say don't expect much of it?

Guest sicko2ndbest

Its get plenty of air time now with various sites picking the quotes up, so i can see Pardew being asked about it in his pre match

He's entitled to his opinion, and I loved him as manager, but fuck off with this shit Kev. No one knows what Ashley will do, I'd be very surprised if we spent all of it, I'd be pleased to see a net spend in the region of £20m. Like someone as said though it would be amusing to see Ashley give Pards £70m just to piss Kev off :lol:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64823.0.html

Just incase anybody out there needs reminding.

5.2 The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.

That also means his decision was to leave the club/team sportingly in the lurch and solely in the hands of those people :lol:

Was more intent of clearing himself, really. The same truth would have outed eventually and he would have been backed, no doubt. But no, misplaced 'morals' and shortermism prevailed.