KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

It'll be interesting for me to see how Pardew reacts to this btw, and what he's prepared to say in defence of his superiors. Despite what some believe, there are surely a sizeable proportion of our fanbase that are understandably cynical about the notion of all this money going back into the team (as Pardew has already assured), specifically on new players.

From that perspective alone I'm glad Keegan said what he did.

Why bother? All you'll get is a bunch of people saying they don't care (:idiot2:) or that he's a bottling cunt etc, all over again.

On the contrary, I'm sure there will be quite a few interested. Just because they're not falling over themselves to post in this reactionary thread doesn't mean there is no interest.

It'll be interesting for me to see how Pardew reacts to this btw, and what he's prepared to say in defence of his superiors. Despite what some believe, there are surely a sizeable proportion of our fanbase that are understandably cynical about the notion of all this money going back into the team (as Pardew has already assured), specifically on new players.

From that perspective alone I'm glad Keegan said what he did.

Yes, and he's absolutely going to be asked!

Am expecting him to handle it, though it'll be a test of his diplomatic skills!

On a general point, he's actually impressed me in his positive approach to the media so far.

Guest Mantis

Keegan hasn't really said much wrong to be honest. He's basically said in his opinion he doesn't think Pardew will get any of the money but he's bound to be cynical given the circumstances surrounding his exit.

This. I've no doubt AP will get a few quid to spend this summer but talk of getting all of it and spending it how he wants is stupid talk from the manager.  Facts remain, Ashley cant be trusted, AP is deluded and KK can comment on anything he likes.

As for Keegan, as a puindit, he has the right to comment but what he says is not necessarily correct all of the time. In this case, I think he is wrong. The club have pocketed the 35 million, plus there will also be the SKY money coming in, plus season ticket and marketing sales. I dont expect Ashley to give Pardew the lot but I would thionk he would get a good 20 million in transfer fees to spend.

Keegan on Milner: You might recall that Milner put in a transfer request and the offer of 12 million was well above his true v alue. Incidentally, does anyone think Milner is worth double that now or even being an England international?

The likes of Given, N'Zogbia and others were clearly unhappy and wanted to leave. Hardly MAs fault that.

Keegan is griping about not getting the money to buy world class replacements but at the time, MA was a year into the job, the club had been struggling and was heavily in debt. We had to sell assets just to survive. That has been proven. Keegan doesnt seem to be abvle to accept that.

If you look at the club today, we are in a far healthier situation both on the field and financially off it now than when we were the day KK walked. I said at the time that relegation could be a blessing in disguise and it has proven to be so. The players who want to play for the club, are playing for the club and we have some good kids coming through with money to spend, no matter what "God" says.

Id like to believe this i really would but i just cant

Keegan has said nowt wrong - in fact it was said by the majority of us on this board BUT the minute KK says it some people see it as a reason to attack him

Based on what has happened in the past Keegan is 100% right, that much is clear and his comments are obviously based on what he has seen at this club under Ashley (whether he was manager or not)

Keegan has said nowt wrong - in fact it was said by the majority of us on this board BUT the minute KK says it some people see it as a reason to attack him

Based on what has happened in the past Keegan is 100% right, that much is clear and his comments are obviously based on what he has seen at this club under Ashley (whether he was manager or not)

So do you believe we won't spend any money in the summer?

Keegan's problem is he's still very resentful at what happened and when you have that agenda within you it's not always sensible to attempt to answer the kind of loaded question that Gabby Logan threw at him.

Actually, based on what has happened in the past, all the money raised from player sales will go back into the squad.

Why bother? All you'll get is a bunch of people saying they don't care (:idiot2:) or that he's a bottling c*** etc, all over again.

A PM would be appreciated though. :thup:

So what? If you don't love Keegan unconditionally, you can't have an opinion on him? :shifty:

Think there's been far more people attacking these 'Keegan haters' than there has been people actually attacking Keegan in this thread.

Exactly.

We should have public stonings of those who dare blaspheme Him -- great half-time entertainment.

if the stonings are anywhere as accurate as the cross bar challenge then they'd come away unscathed.

Why bother? All you'll get is a bunch of people saying they don't care (:idiot2:) or that he's a bottling c*** etc, all over again.

A PM would be appreciated though. :thup:

So what? If you don't love Keegan unconditionally, you can't have an opinion on him? :shifty:

Think there's been far more people attacking these 'Keegan haters' than there has been people actually attacking Keegan in this thread.

Exactly.

and if you dare criticize something he said, you immediately become a "Keegan hater"...pathetic!

I dont particularly want to buy into another argument about the rights or wrongs of Keegan again. The only thing I will say is that he is ancient history now and if anyone on here can actually believe we were in a financial position to supplement his demands for players, they need to take a good hard look at the club accounts.

As some people have mentioned on here, he should not have come back. Ashley listened to the fans on that one and I think if he got a more savvy manager at the time, we wouldnt have been relgated. All the turmoil at the club that year, whether we would be sold or not, didnt help but the so called superstars purchased by the club on high salaries (Viduka, Owen, Geremi, Martins, Duff) didnt perform and they should be held accountable more than anyone.

On the subject of player finds, the poster who referred to Bassong needs to read my original post. How many players had Keegan discovered and brought through the ranks?  The answer is NONE. That in itself shows that he is a manager who can only survive by spending money rather than nurturing young talent.

Finally, if Keegan is so good, why isnt he still working in football management? Could it be that most clubs would not risk the prospect of another petulant, spit the dummy out, walkout? I would imagine so.

Keegan was great in his first management stint with us but after the England job, he became a dinosaur. Tere was even a player revolt about his training methods which finally resulted in him leaving.

I don't remember many - any - complaints about how we finished the 2007-08 season with this "dinosaur" in charge, or our initial performances in 2008-09. But never mind.

Talking about players coming through the ranks, which of our managers during that general era did that?

I remember Keegan turning an utterly crap centre-forward into an international centre-back once. I also remember him giving regular football to homegrown players. Do you?

As for the idea of being "petulant" and "dummy-spitting", I repeat: an independent tribunal decided he had been anything but.

I dont particularly want to buy into another argument about the rights or wrongs of Keegan again. The only thing I will say is that he is ancient history now and if anyone on here can actually believe we were in a financial position to supplement his demands for players, they need to take a good hard look at the club accounts.

As some people have mentioned on here, he should not have come back. Ashley listened to the fans on that one and I think if he got a more savvy manager at the time, we wouldnt have been relgated. All the turmoil at the club that year, whether we would be sold or not, didnt help but the so called superstars purchased by the club on high salaries (Viduka, Owen, Geremi, Martins, Duff) didnt perform and they should be held accountable more than anyone.

On the subject of player finds, the poster who referred to Bassong needs to read my original post. How many players had Keegan discovered and brought through the ranks?  The answer is NONE. That in itself shows that he is a manager who can only survive by spending money rather than nurturing young talent.

Finally, if Keegan is so good, why isnt he still working in football management? Could it be that most clubs would not risk the prospect of another petulant, spit the dummy out, walkout? I would imagine so.

Keegan was great in his first management stint with us but after the England job, he became a dinosaur. Tere was even a player revolt about his training methods which finally resulted in him leaving.

I don't remember many - any - complaints about how we finished the 2007-08 season with this "dinosaur" in charge, or our initial performances in 2008-09. But never mind.

Talking about players coming through the ranks, which of our managers during that general era did that?

I remember Keegan turning an utterly crap centre-forward into an international centre-back once. I also remember him giving regular football to homegrown players. Do you?

As for the idea of being "petulant" and "dummy-spitting", I repeat: an independent tribunal decided he had been anything but.

He was a man of principal.

He was a man of morals and ethics.

Do you think Sir Bobby would have put up with it...

No either do i.

I suppose you'd rather have a manger with no morals, who will happily pick up millions of pounds a year for achieving nothing and a manger who has no intention of resigning so they get a big pay out. Souness springs to mind.

Like magorific is saying, cast your mind back to when we drew to Man Utd on the opening day on the 08-09 season. I bet you weren't complaining then.